Listen to Weird Al Yankovic's unreleased parody of The Who

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/24/listen-to-weird-al-yankovics.html

6 Likes

That’s awesome, but it was more awesome in my brain when I thought it was a Doctor Who Parody…

6 Likes
11 Likes

@pesco
Need to fix comment link to point to comments, and not back to linked article.

Correct link is

1 Like

There was a great bio article in NYT recently. Worth a read if you have any fond memories of Al (and I have many):

8 Likes

This man is a national treasure.

9 Likes

Hearing “My Bologna” on the Dr. Demento Show blew 12-year-old me’s mind. It’s one of those “where were you when…” indelible moments that makes me who I am, 40+ years later.

10 Likes

Not sure what hour of the day or night that Dr. Demento’s show was on, here, but I know it was an hour that I was not supposed to be awake at all, nevermind with half of my head glued to this device

10 Likes

He had the best “Behind the Music” episode when VH1 Classic still existed.

4 Likes

Home town represent! Not bad for a guy who came to school here to become and architect. If you’ve never had the pleasure (or know of our little town’s reputation) he also recorded this lovely ode to the central coast:

3 Likes

Punk rock accordion for the win.

4 Likes

Al’s food songs are my favorites. This has brought me much joy today. Lovin’ the lo-fidelity.

3 Likes

Yeah me too 'cept mine was a hand held under my pillow at night.

2 Likes

I honestly think this is one of his best. Great yell at the end, too!

5 Likes

The payoff at the end was awesome!

Eat the new sauce
Same as the old sauce

That was some mean bongo near the end for the drum solo. Props.

5 Likes

You might want to try rephrasing that :slight_smile:

Somewhat late in life, I tried a prune, They be tasty suckers, And, unfortunately, they work as advertised,.

1 Like

Great use of the jew’s harp.

1 Like

I can live with the unreleased part of the title but I’m pretty sure he played it on The Dr. Demento Show to a nationwide audience way back when.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.