Heart damage to asymptomatic children could require lifelong monitoring and interventions

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/08/heart-damage-to-asymptomatic-c.html

10 Likes

“Open the schools. What’s the worst that can happen, kids don’t get sick.”

Freaking morons.

31 Likes

I just found out yesterday and acquaintance 29 year old daughter just died. She had Covid and passed out from lack of oxygen and that spiraled down into heart attacks and other issues she could not recover from :confused: Add that to a HS friends dad died from it. I think he got it from a grandchild which makes it even more tragic. I hope the kid doesn’t have long term issues.

19 Likes

My condolences, @Mister44. :frowning_face:

9 Likes

I’m starting to think Ebola would have been a better pandemic.

2 Likes
28 Likes

Also baked into this flawed premise is the notion that mass deaths won’t hurt the economy as much as temporary social distancing measures will.

26 Likes

Trump wants the schools open so he can tell people everything is back to normal. He doesn’t give a shit if it kills a few kids if it bumps his polling up even marginally. I honestly believe that: he does not care even a little bit if kids or anyone else dies.

This is a dark, ugly, horrible time.

21 Likes

They are okay with dead teachers, too, since they’re all commies anyway… /s

20 Likes

Teachers, administrators, custodians, lunch staff, bus drivers, etc., all of whom have families and friends … expose all those people to the ambulatory disease vectors that children in schools turn into during outbreaks, and that’s how you get exponential spread.

20 Likes

Right?

We should all be pulling together through this pandemic, but so much of our society has been split and politicized now along such crazy lines, that advocating for keeping as much of us safe from infectious disease is literally controversial… I can’t even sometimes.

rupaul-this

18 Likes
11 Likes

Thanks, Obama?

9 Likes

Why the sarcasm tag? That’s pretty much what they believe and the line they’ve been feeding to the MAGATS

1 Like
6 Likes

Um, cause I don’t’ believe it?

5 Likes

Neither do I but it’s becoming a matter of Faith on the Right which was why I said that’s what they believe

The sarcasm comes in because I obviously don’t agree, but spoke as I did. But I suppose you know what I mean better than I do… /s

10 Likes

I understood what you meant the first time. But I suppose sarcasm is lost on some people /s