Hedgehog Facts

You even got the four toes right - superb!

2 Likes

Been studying. We’re still thinking about hedgie adoption. I’ve been working HH’s pictures into conversations with the spousal unit. The tug-of-war pics were a big hit.

3 Likes

Little known historical fact: in the mid-20th century, young California hedgehogs invented skateboarding for when the surf is flat, as seen in this digitized 8 MM film from the late 60’s…

15 Likes

What this election would look like if only hedgehogs were allowed to vote.

9 Likes

Fact: If you look really carefully at Van Gogh’s Starry Night, you will find he cleverly hid several hedgehogs in the painting.

20 Likes

I know about the string of bank robberies by Hedgehogs in California and General "Burnin’ " Sherman’s use of Hedgehogs in Georgia during the war. But what is Pennsylvania’s hang up?

3 Likes

Pollock’s 1952 Convergence is notable for the many images you can spot in the random paint splatters. I see a hedgehog.

12 Likes

I see a GIANT hedgehog! :grinning:

The painting was created in 1952, and is oil on canvas; 93.5 inches by 155 inches

ETA: maybe more like this :astonished:

5 Likes

Is that cute or what?

Fed a few over the years and really pissed me off cos I fed one up that had emerged from under my shed and wasn’t afraid of me at all after a while, it would come toward me for food and I like to think I’d given it a lot of help for the winter months ahead.

Young male drivers predominantly, like running them over and that’s what happened to this one, bastards!

11 Likes
4 Likes

Hedgehog Trends:

In Russia, hedgehogs are the new pets for discerning pirates…

I found this satchel on Etsy. Alas, while the cost is quite reasonable for quality handmade leather goods, I must file it under if I were a rich man

13 Likes

12 Likes

This is what a hedgehog with no quills looks like (poor Nelson).

13 Likes

:cry: </>

7 Likes

Kobayashi Kiyochika’s 1879 “Picture of Hedgezilla Preparing to Attack Shin Ohashi Bridge” is fascinating both as a later masterful example of ukiyo-e print making, and a noteworthy early representation of MechaHedgezilla.

15 Likes

Taiso Yoshitoshi’s “Hedgehog Princess Peering at Moon from Cliff” (1885) is notable for being notable.

13 Likes

Fact: A recent poll of hedgehogs found that they do not blame President Kennedy for the decline of hats, but they will do their best to bring them back into fashion.

15 Likes

The traditional Chinese motif of a moonlit hedgehog crawling on a branch is rendered magnificently here.

9 Likes

That makes a fine wall paper. Thank you

6 Likes

Hedgehog Art Through The Ages - a review with a hedgehog spokesmodel.

We begin with the front cover, which is nicely illustrative of the nature of the contents.

The cover also serves as a convenient teacup holder/coaster.

The back cover is both attractive and helpfully illustrative of the contents of the book as well, with hedgehog-scale photos of some highlights of the contents, and a general feel of an actual book, which it is.

Interior illustrations include write-ups full of witty, delightful flowing prose.

The interior takes the reader through many periods of art history, all of which are wonderful, delightful, and fascinating.

The book treats Modern art in all its weirdness.

The cover/binding are designed for safety with pets, even when presenting Modern art.

This book includes an extensive and delightful section on Japanese hedgehog art, with a fascinating and delightful look at Hedgezilla.

This book is also suitable as a playscape for smaller pets.

14 Likes