Hedgehog Facts

Nice. Is this a mock-up? Not seeing a listing for the ISBN.

6 Likes

This is the proof we got for reviewing. We actually have a couple illustrations we’ll need to redo to correct for color temp., though no typos spotted yet

10 Likes

Nice. Looking forward to the final release :slight_smile:

This was the good news I needed today. A candle in a blizzard is still fire.

8 Likes

Finish this please. I need something like this.

4 Likes

Are you going to be selling this on her highnesses website only or elsewhere?

6 Likes

It’s done via Createspace, so it’ll be on Amazon eventually once the last file reviews and things are done. We found a couple issues with the proof, so I just pushed up a fixed copy and it’ll need to go through review again, but hopefully it should show up in sales channels pretty soon. We were trying to get it available with some Christmas lead time, it’s getting tighter, but hopefully should be okay.

The book’s also simply marvelous to behold.

12 Likes

Once it goes up on amazon, i’ll be posted to my birfday prezzie wishlist!

8 Likes

This would make an excellent Christmas present for my cousins’ children (and me too!)

5 Likes

The proof approval etc. process is complete, and the book is up on the Createspace site now:
https://www.createspace.com/6456156
(wish I could customize that page more, alas)

The book will be up on the US/UK/EU Amazon sites in 3-5 days and you can order it now via the Createspace site.

11 Likes

Congratulations on publishing!

Looks great, I like it a lot! Also really liked your “review” just above here, with the photos with “hedgehog spokesmodel” :smile:

7 Likes

Excellent. I shall wait for the Amazon source as I am too lazy to put in all that ordering information stuff.

4 Likes

Thanks! It’s really cool to have a paper copy in our hands of the months of collected work, and some of the art/write-ups still make us laugh, so it was worth the work.

This was phase one so we got a sense of how to do the process in general. Next up is a children’s book that we’ll do publisher submissions for and see if we can get any kind of deal. Given the circumstances of the world, a children’s book on the value of kindness, tolerance, and acceptance seems apropos.

11 Likes

Thanks! We figured some people’d prefer the Amazon way, so we’ll be sure to update once it’s live there.

2 Likes

congratulations on getting Microsoft to do a hedgehog tie in on the Bing website today!

7 Likes

The fight for justice begins now. The fight for better graphic design begins pretty soon.

14 Likes

There’s a hedgie on the desktop vers. as well - that’s awesome

4 Likes

Sorry, meant to do this earlier… In case anyone wants to look at the thing there’s a pdf here:

It’s 2.3 MB with lower quality images to keep the file size sane, but fine for screen reading. The book’s 8.5x8.5, but the PDF insisted on being 8.5x11 - sorry.

The point of the thing is entirely the physical artifact since I’ve already posted all the art. I’d much rather people know exactly what they’re getting into before buying it, and perfectly pleased if you just want to read it for the heck of it. I’m highly biased, but I think some of the writing’s kind of funny, and the art alternately delightful, funny, and sublime.

7 Likes

It’s now on Amazon:

10 Likes

Well, today is off to a good start!

13 Likes

Awesome - thank you so much!

6 Likes