Hedgehog Facts

5 Likes

Have you seen this?

16 Likes

Oh yes! We actually thought it was awesome enough to post to Facebook/Twitter.

6 Likes

Bordalo II, more info

16 Likes

Roy Liechtenstein’s 1964 “Worse Than a Lego” was not well received. The Hedgehog-American Cultural Association engaged in multiple protests.

12 Likes

Are adorable. And defensible.

root-root

That is fantastic

2 Likes

We’re bad at marketing and related things, so we made both ASAP and then forgot to tell you…

https://www.amazon.com/Distressed-Hooked-Hedgehog-Propaganda-Medium/dp/B01M1XXPF6/

https://www.amazon.com/Mens-Hedgehog-Madness-2XL-Black/dp/B01M1NW9EG/

9 Likes

A rite of passage for every kaiju is the first time they manage to destroy a major bridge. Good times.

13 Likes

Dear anyone who might have purchased the book, we have a big favor to ask if you don’t mind. If you could write an Amazon review (a brief one is fine) we’d massively appreciate it.

12 Likes

Planning on it. May be a few days though. I’ve looked quickly though the book - it’s awesome BTW - but I want to be able to give it my full attention.

Love the Lewis Carroll quote at the beginning!

8 Likes

Thanks, we added that in the dedication very late after I got the first poof. It’s among our favorites, though it’s also one that makes us sad since we created it the eve. Penelope passed away. We decided that helped make it work as a dedication, even if we didn’t tell that full story in the book.

12 Likes

12 Likes

“You Maniacs! You blew it up!”

not sure of optimal caption, but really, it’s a hedgehog statue of liberty in Planet of the Apes - we all know what it means.

17 Likes

17 Likes

Will do!

I made the fool mistake of leaving the book out when it arrived instead of hiding it, so my daughter saw it when she got home from school. When I got home, she was quite amused that I would get such a book, and I had to admit it was going to be a holiday present for her. She was thrilled! In fact, she told me that as far as she was concerned, I should get her only that book; as in, if I was planning on getting her 8 presents in total, then I should just get 7 more of the same book and wrap them individually.

She wants you to know that her favorite piece is in fact the one you chose for the cover.

Also, she wants to know how you got PPP to pose with her head up like that?

11 Likes

Oops. Sorry the surprise got ruined, but glad she likes it. That “Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog” painting’s nicely dramatic, it’s great material for a cover. There’s a little “P” clasp on the cape, BTW.

Hedgehogs use their nose more than their eyes to perceive their environment, so they’ll often raise their little nose up in the air to get a good sniff around. Penelope (in that image) did it all the time for photos - I’d set her down and she’d be arching her back with her nose way up sniffing away. Perdita’s a little different temperament-wise, so I can’t get a photo of her in the open - she’ll be rampaging as soon as I put her down, though she does the nose up high sniffing too - usually when I’m holding her.

11 Likes

I’m assuming that this Hedgehog Fact’s number is computationally infeasible to determine; but Hedgehogs are secure biometric tokens.

9 Likes

My book is here!

Now that I have it, I wonder if maybe I’m just going to keep it, and find something else to give my nieces. Is that bad?

I love the paper stock on the cover, silk coated or maybe it’s a dull/silk varnish? Anyway, it feels great. I’m going to read through it after dinner.

And, I will totally write a review, once I have something more interesting to say than how much I like the paper. That’s what happens when you work in printing, paper becomes really important.

7 Likes

Yay and also thanks! I was pretty obsessive about working on the cover art, and was happy the matte cover finish worked with the art pretty well. The paper the body’s printed on isn’t as high a quality as I’d have liked, but there wasn’t a better option and it’s good enough. We were fairly obsessive with the images/write-ups, so hopefully you’ll enjoy the work. (After it was done I spotted a sentence fragment and some other grammar/syntax errors, but they shouldn’t really distract hopefully).

Seems okay to me. And thanks again!

5 Likes