Hedgehog Facts

Fact: MST3K’s Baby Hedgezilla episode was the best.

9 Likes

Fact: Hedgehogs can spot when things are photoshopped by the pixels.

17 Likes

Her Recursive Highness.
Princess-ception.
The progress of infinite regress.

18 Likes

Fun fact, hedgehogs celebrate the day after Thanksgiving as Bleak Friday and spend the day creating dark and despondent art to evoke either a macabre or melancholic sentiment.

22 Likes

Fact: hedgehogs have a rather frustrating way of searching for books.

15 Likes

Planet of the porcupines.

3 Likes

Fact: Sometimes hedgehog art historians get a little too obsessive with ukiyo-e

Ukiyo-e hedgie selfie.

Utagawa Kunisada’s “Hedgehog Nose Boop” (1852).

16 Likes

We made a trailer for the book, since video’s a thing the kids are into these days.

15 Likes

I finally watched Interstellar.

There’s a scene that’s exactly like this, but without the hedgehog.

13 Likes

Good trailer, would watch the movie but maybe needs more “Bwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaammmmm”?

6 Likes

A painful fact.

13 Likes

We also should have added some explosions, a few lens flares, and a car crash to give a better sense of the reading experience.

6 Likes

Had the thought of using Sabotage by the Beastie Boys ever been brought up in pre production?

6 Likes

I actually had Intergalactic by the Beastie Boys in my head with the Hedgezilla and Mechahedgezilla ukiyo-e prints worked in, but I needed to use something that was public domain since I really don’t want to deal with rights management or have a video taken down over infringement.

5 Likes

If I had a copy of After Effects and something to run it on, I’d totally remix it for you.
So I had to do it in my head and it’s 100% awesome.

7 Likes

Baby hedghogs are called hoglets. Just learned that today.

14 Likes

Baby echidnas are called puggles. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

That thing is just the right combination of adorable and gross to get an immediate “awww sooo cute” from me

7 Likes

It funny, my sense of cuteness/grossness has been so warped over time that I just though it was an adorable hairless blob of wonder and potential grossness didn’t even come to mind.

Side note. Ecnidha-wise, the niffler in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them is basically a magical echidna. Echidnas even have a pouch like the niffler’s one it stowed gold/sparkly things in. (Ecnidhas stow eggs in their pouch for extra weirdness).

I asked J. K. Rowling to put a hedgehog inspired creature into one of the future films, though I doubt she saw it.

11 Likes

The milk bubbles are the key, I think. :slight_smile:

2 Likes