Hedgehog Facts

So, it appears to me that I’m looking at reversed urinary/genitalia features? Or is that a tail stump after the urethra/vaginal opening?

2 Likes

I think that’s a tail. They’re a monotreme, so they have a cloaca. There are no nipples either, which is pretty odd. For added weirdness, females have an egg pouch and secrete milk inside the pouch to feed their babies.

3 Likes

I thought their tails were bigger, but maybe they grow over time.

Cloaca…that was what I meant!

I wish there were more creatures with unique evolutionary adaptions. It’s so interesting.

3 Likes

Australia’s got a lot of really interesting evolutionary oddities with their variety of marsupials and monotremes that filled in instead of placental mammals. New Zealand’s still my favorite though, since there were no mammals besides bats and sea mammals for most of its history, so birds filled many ecological niches and they wound up with things like carnivorous parrots and kiwis and things.

3 Likes

Polymorphs will disguise themselves as domestic hedgehogs to avoid extermination. You can tell a polymorph from a domestic hedgehog because a polymorph will near-impossibly overdo it on the cuteness.

From Red Dwarf Series XI, Episode 6, “Can of Worms”

10 Likes

Fact: hedgehogs actually find making 2d animations much trickier than they seem like they should be:

Now onto Hedgezilla.

6 Likes

Presenting Hedgezilla Vs. Mecha-Hedgezilla, a very brief animated feature.

14 Likes

Presenting a collection of literary hedgehog animations and clips:

9 Likes

Fact: You should behold Hedgehogs in Space.

12 Likes

Fact: E.T. would have been way better with this scene:

6 Likes

Fact: This one worked pretty darn well I think.

10 Likes

“Why the hedgehog has spikes”

6 Likes

I don’t have a degree in Hedgehogology so I cannot refute this, but it seems erroneous to me.

I’d expect more pictures of raisin covered hedgehogs if it were the case.

7 Likes

Hedgezilla vs. Mecha-Hedgezilla II: Hedgehog Justice

6 Likes

Tense. Gripping. 2d best movie I’ve seen this weekend. (Sorry, Princess…Rogue One just edged you out)

I see the earth is learning proper manners by writing Thank You notes. Good Job!

5 Likes

Let’s say you were working on a squirrel kaiju and needed to work on a squirrel kaiju name. Risujira? Kinezumi? Squirrelodon? Squirrelasaurus? Mecha-Squirrel?

@TobinL, you’re a kaiju affifionado, got any squirrel kaiju name ideas?

2 Likes

You already beat me to the obvious ones. I like Risujira…

3 Likes

So far Squirrelasaurus is my favorite then Risujira.

2 Likes

Marmothra?

8 Likes

The Coronation

8 Likes