Hedgehog unharmed after SUV crashes into house

Originally published at: Hedgehog unharmed after SUV crashes into house | Boing Boing

8 Likes

10 Likes

Hahah my first thought as well :laughing:

1 Like

Okay, the hedgehog wasn’t inside the vehicle, but I still wonder…what happens when a hedgehog meets an emergency airbag while traveling at a high rate of speed?

6 Likes

Boing or boom? :thinking:

5 Likes

2 Likes

Red the article. The reporter was clearly having fun. Incident occurred in Germantown. No surprise to find a hedgehog there. Now if it were Takoma Park, then the hedgehog would have been driving.

3 Likes

Headline change:

Hedgehog unbuggered after SUV crashes into house

3 Likes

Late stage consumerism/ecology/journalism/internet, right there folks.

1 Like

Everyone hug your hedgehogs just a bit tighter tonight…

8 Likes

Wait, what? Why would it be no surprise to find a hedgehog in Germantown? I didn’t read the linked article, but the BB post referred to it maybe living in the wild. Did I miss something? (I’m old, I miss things all the time) Hedgehogs aren’t native to the US, so maybe it was an escaped pet or something? Pennsylvania does have porcupines, but you wouldn’t want one of those as a pet.

1 Like

They are native to Germany, though, so you shouldn’t be surprised to see them in Germantown, I guess?

2 Likes

Just a silly comment. I know people in Germantown with exotic pets – snakes, bearded lizards, chinchillas. (I have rabbits, so am firmly in the exotic pet club.) A hedgehog would fit in quite nicely. Takoma Park is sort of the Austin, TX of Montgomery County, hence my comment about it driving. (Keeping MoCo weird!)

2 Likes

I guess they can share the hedge after all.

9wuv

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.