Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen act out Trump's Ukraine call

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/07/helen-mirren-and-ian-mckellen.html

6 Likes

28 Likes

Full disclosure. If the opportunity ever presents itself my wife has given me a full pass to leave her for Helen Mirren (or Bette Midler).

11 Likes

I saw them together years ago on Broadway. Those two are such great scene partners, they could read the back of a cereal box and still get a standing ovation.

21 Likes

Trexit! Good one.

9 Likes

How do you remove soda stains?

4 Likes

With grease, of course.

The arrows really can go both ways. See, you can remove democracy with Hair Shitler!

11 Likes

McKellen giving instructions on how to change a flat tire:

9 Likes

As if my all abiding admiration for those two could not be big enough!

3 Likes

so I don’t get this, the impeachment is kinda fake and meaningless, he has a scary high chance of winning re-election, and we end up with a 7-2 supreme court and overflowing alt-right appeals court system

how is any of this remotely funny? it’s a horror show

what i wouldn’t give for either of them to be our president instead…

2 Likes

We laugh to keep from crying.

Also:

12 Likes

Obligs:

Would it be cruel if I revealed that the only reason most women ever give out such passes is because they know the chances of that ever happening are slim to none?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

I always liked her response in the show. “It’s ironic, because I have a list of five goofy coffee house guys and just yesterday I bumped you for that guy over there.” Given how many randos have probably hit on her when she’s out living her life, it landed as more than just acting.

6 Likes

Right?

I also fluv Isabella Rossellini, but she’s not on my ‘list’… because I’m not unrealistic or audacious enough to have that kind of list in the first place.

Just because I find Idris Elba utterly scrumptious, doesn’t necessarily mean that if by some slim chance that I was ever anywhere near him, he would find me equally attractive in return…

7 Likes

Same here. I accidentally flirted with a celebrity once on 5th Avenue. Gave what I thought was a cute looking Parsons student a quick “looking good” smile as I was approaching from the other direction, only to realise close up that she was Cindy Crawford. She was kind enough me a smile in return, even though I must have had an idiotic expression on my face when I noticed the famous mole and put 2+2 together. It also got me some cheers from some other guys on the street, in a friendly “way to go, doofus” kind of way.

Where it gets really weird when a celebrity hits on you at random. I know a couple of people this has happened to, and they all found it very disconcerting. The reaction must be fun for the celebrity, though.

7 Likes

Oh I agree entirely. Her lone stipulation was “ok but if they would rather run off with me that’s ok too”.

7 Likes

*lolz!

I really think I’d like your wife if I met her personally ; she sounds like my kind of people.

7 Likes

I have crossed paths with Hayley Atwell three times on the train and she still acts like she doesn’t recognise me!

15 Likes

The nerve!

12 Likes