Help seed 2600's massive BitTorrent archive of hacker radio shows

[Permalink]

Great idea … Except after they listen to the content of those shows I don’t think they’re likely to feel more comfortable with BitTorrent

We need netflix or steam to use the tech.

fuck yeah, will do

Just started :wink:

torrenting away.

I might be a bit slow on the uptake here, but there’s only the one .torrent of a single 55MB mp3 file, right? I dug around the radio archive pages and couldn’t find more torrents.

Is there a page listing all the torrents (or magnet uris)?
Happy to help distribute, but need to know where to go to load 'em.

Darn. I was hoping it was a big torrent of all of the back catalog. I have to go hunt down individual torrents for each program? Heavy sigh.

Since posting this, though, I see they have things broken down nicely on their FTP site. I suspect in time once they have more than the single torrent they will put the rest out there and it will be a snap to grab them all.

I’m rather surprised that more people don’t use BitTorrent exclusively to distribute large files.You’d get some objections from people who don’t already have a torrent client installed, but in the long run I think it’d encourage greater adoption.

Except after they listen to the content of those shows I don’t think they’re likely to feel more comfortable with BitTorrent

How do you mean?

I mean the topics that 2600 covers are probably not topics that are likely to get people to have warm and fuzzy feelings about BitTorrent. Hacking, Phreaking, etc… While you and I might think those are great topics I suspect those that believe the mainstream media about BitTorrent are also likely to associate BitTorrent with worse fears after listening.

We should upload the whole thing to the internet archive. They love this sort of stuff. I’ll see if we can get this going.

closed #14

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.