Help wanted: Professional Christmas light untangler

That sounds pretty great actually! Also, untangling Christmas lights seems like a nice job to do for one or two days a week around the holiday period!

If only it wasn’t so hard to implement all these society-wide changes, we could do a few a/b tests every year to see what societal structures work best :smiley:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t. I’m sure that after listening to “Last Christmas” “Merry Xmas Everybody” and “I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day” ten times a day for a month I’ll be wanting to kill someone.

I suspect that Cliff Richard songs will be off the store playlist though. Be thankful for small mercies.

3 Likes

Lucky you, at my company, all of the hold music and muzak has been “tropical christmas” for a month already as well.

You know.

Mele Kalikimaka, Kani Kani Pele, that kind of stuff. It doesn’t help that there’s like 10 songs total.

2 Likes

I might feel a bit better about it if they would play my favourite UK Christmas No.1 sometimes.

3 Likes

You sir, have good taste in Christmas music.

The thing is, we’re all so desperately concerned with the welfare of the little green pieces of paper, that it’s completely unthinkable that we might ever organise ourselves in a manner not slavishly devoted to said bits of green paper.

‘What’s that you say? It’s worth conducting some actual science regarding the best way to live? Pshaw! What self-evident poppycock! The bits of green paper say it’s not economic.’

4 Likes

Dare I ask why?

Operation Yewtree. He was re-interviewed by the police last week. He hasn’t been arrested though.

1 Like

Huck? 

“This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn’t the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.”

3 Likes

Ah, so Cliff is a Skeksi; that explains the apparent youth.

1 Like

If you don’t put your Christmas lights back in the plastic organizer bracket thing that they came in, you deserve to have a tangled pain-in-the-ass tumbleweed-o-lights. Don’t go crying to Tesco to rectify your own shiftless irresponsibility.

3 Likes

I would love to switch a little bit of that green (or in my case multi-colored) paper around for more free time. Is what I wanted to say to that, but who am I kidding, I could do that now. I am too accustomed to my current income to step it down. What I meant is: if I came across a higher paying job with fewer hours that would be great.

This has however got me thinking, what can I do to live cheaper and what can I do to supplement my income. When you get to the point where you’re sad you can’t be a part-time christmas-lights untangler, it’s clear there is room for improvement.

1 Like

No, but you do get to wear this green felt elf costume. 200 clams deposit, please. (do they have clams in that country?)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.