Here are 19 excellent questions about the deadly Capitol riot

Agreed, especially since…

11 Likes

Not so much secret as unmarked, meanwhile the office with his name plate was untouched.

15 Likes

More details

The majority of the Capitol’s 658 single-pane windows were quietly upgraded during a 2017-19 renovation of the historic building. The original wooden frames and glass were covered with a second metal frame containing bomb-resistant glass.

But planners skipped about a dozen ground-floor windows, including some located in doors, because they were deemed to be low risk in the event of implosion, largely due to their discreet or shielded location, or because the building couldn’t structurally handle the load of the heavier frames.

OTOH

Though the bomb-resistant windows were never designed to keep out rioters, every reinforced window that was attacked by insurrectionists appears to have remained intact, even if damaged.

But despite the unintended effectiveness of bomb-resistant windows as a deterrent against attackers on foot, it remains unclear whether the board responsible for Capitol security will now upgrade those remaining single-pane windows and unreinforced doors.

Not everyone needs to be in on the plan-- but if certain groups went directly for those windows., skipping the reinforced ones, while less clued in portions of the mob were stymied by the reinforcements., that’s something

8 Likes

I’m sure I remember people being worried about diminishing the office when it became pretty obvious Ronald Reagan was doing shady stuff too.
Look where we are now.

5 Likes

Ugh… Same overwrought tone you’d see from Fox News… no thank you.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I’m sure AOC is calling herself with rape and death threats… Merely a coincidence that they went after high profile Democrats to kill them… sure. Both sides are just as bad. /s

17 Likes

What does complicit mean to you?

Because sounds like some Qanonsense. So I’m running with it and imagining the Democratic party worked with Trump on an illegal strategy to stage a coup to overrule the election and put Trump in charge instead of Joe Biden? And … Even if that were a plot to a dark comedy it would feel contrived.

12 Likes

I know. Just as the Capitol Police and the insurrectionists who put them in the hospital are equally complicit

8 Likes

You know those crafty Dems, always working to foment violent movements to challenge the legitimacy of the elections they just won.

12 Likes

So I mean obviously the Democrats have screwed up by not taking the increasing radicalization of the right-wing seriously enough. But that’s kind of not quite the same thing as being a complicit in a coup attempt against their own electoral victory. That’s like calling Julius Caesar complicit for showing up in the senate without body armor.

16 Likes

That word…

9 Likes

Racism. Nobody wants to address the elephant in the room. They assumed White people didn’t act like that. Everybody assumed White folks don’t riot.

Reminds me of this “classic,” where Ivanka was asked about being called “complicit.”

6 Likes

Hey, look! You joined BB on Jan 6th. How about that!

You really think some Dems are complicit in the Jan 6th attempted coup? Really? Get out of here. (And not metaphorically.)

7 Likes

Wait, what? What reelection? I can’t tell if you’re misusing the word “mainstreaming” or misusing the prefix “re.” Or do you mean “mainlining?”

2 Likes

yeah yeah we know seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

2 Likes

Ty for posting this, Mark.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.