Here are 27 photos of sleeping cats

Wherever.

1 Like

Cats are what the internet as invented for.

11 Likes

I came here after reading an article about single-tasking as a way to beat stress [It’s the new hip thing to do! As opposed to formerly-hip multi-tasking…Well, I’ve always been big on single-tasking. Don’t you hate it when something you’ve always done goes mainstream? But, I digress…]

Anyway, it occurs to me that the soothingness you reference is in part that we’re picking up on the single-tasking vibe of those kitties. :smiley_cat:

9 Likes

It’s proof that cats are semi solid creatures when they want to be.

9 Likes

Our cat does that as well!! We found her when she was about 4 weeks old and I used to let her sleep on my shoulder near my neck. She tries to do it now and it doesn’t work as well since she’s bigger.

5 Likes

“I’m gonna sleep the livin’ zees out of this snooze!”

4 Likes

Cats don’t yield to no lizards.

Also: all cats are heat-seeking fursiles. The warmest spot in the room is always the best spot for a nap, no matter how uncomfortable or crazy it is to go and sleep there.

10 Likes

Doubly so for a burmese as they only have the short soft fur and not the longer stiffer hairs to help keep warm cause hey who needs that in Burma, Ours likes to tell us that Seattle is not Burma on a regular basis most of the year and we need to make with the laptime ASAP.

9 Likes

Since my skin temperature seems to hover around 190°F, the cats love me – much to my wife’s chagrin… One cat will come plop on my chest the other will come and stretch out along my side (all while the wife is calling and cooing to get their attention) – finally, the third one will come and look for an opening and finally settle for the wife (though, as soon as one of the others leaves, he abandons her)

7 Likes

It went immediately into my “cheer up” folder. :smiley:

7 Likes

Real talk.

I spent the night at my BFF’s one winter, when her cat had had a litter of kittens a few weeks earlier.

I guess the mama cat had gone outside to hunt during the night; because I fell asleep on the couch alone, but when I woke up, I was ‘covered’ in kittens - one by my head, two at my sides and one by my feet.

14 Likes

It can also lead to seasonal disaffection disorder in the spring and summer - when previously cuddly kittehs no longer require their human bed warmers. :cry: YMMV

10 Likes

A liquid has no fixed shape therefore it takes the shape of any container

via

20 Likes

When my brother was born my parents lived in a caravan. His cot was out in the annex and my dad used to reach through the window to get him when needed. One night my dad reaches through and picks up a kitten instead. Apparently a mother cat had brought in her entire litter and placed them around my brother.

15 Likes

That’s hilarious; I bet your dad’s reaction was priceless.

5 Likes

14 Likes

Cats have a super power: the ability to find virtually any position comfortable. The only real prerequisite is that they may require it to be their own choice.

10 Likes

I was still 6 years and a whole country away from being born, so I can’t know for sure, but I imagine it was.

4 Likes

That’s a story that would get told often and in great detail, had it happened in my family.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Most of the family stories involve the antics my father and his brother got up in 1950-60s Australia. My poor grandmother was a single mother and she had her hands full with those two.

5 Likes