Here are the 6 stages of a cat falling in love with the new baby

yet generations of babies before turned up to be just fine …

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure those are the 6 stages of “love” – for a cat, it would be more like the stages of acceptance that they’re no longer the center of attention.

2 Likes

Step 4: :musical_note: Born Free:musical_note: :cry:

6 Likes

Licking stage: “I dominate this puny human.” :metal:

5 Likes

Once you make it past the “What is this? Is it food?” stage everything is fine.

7 Likes

As a cat lover I can safely say they never accept that they’re not the centre of attention.

To a cat, a child is just a chore your servants must allow for. Sometimes those childish chore-doers become decent, respectable food-sharing servants, and sometimes they become assholes.

4 Likes

My mum’s cat got to the “Who are you? Stay away from our baby!” stage. It caused a lot of problems when I had visits from the midwife or nurse.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Milo is the most anticlimactic name for such a majestic cat😂

It works. I’ll not forget this silvery beast with the very ordinary name any time soon.

(I don’t have opinions on baby, or emotional bonds between different species. It’s a bit like the weather to me. Dress and behave accordingly…)

1 Like

Keeps them from scratching their skin with their fingernails.

3 Likes

What else are they going to use their hands for? Scrolling through Tik Tok?

1 Like

I think this is pretty gross, cat hair gets everywhere.

When my kid was a baby, we had a pair with little rattles on them, and we’d say she was giving an impromptu new music concert when she’d wave her hands about, as babies tend to do… :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.