Here are the hidden adult jokes in "SpongeBob SquarePants"

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/08/here-are-the-hidden-adult-joke.html

3 Likes

After watching that show I never got why they all focused on Sponge Bob being gay when it is so obvious that Squidward is.

8 Likes

I always thought Rocko’s Modern Life had better (and dirtier) adult humor:

6 Likes

They didn’t include the clip when Spongebob leaves driving school and says to Ms Puff, “See you next Tuesday!”

4 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to watch the video, but if it’s less than five minutes long it’s far from all of them, although I consider “adult” jokes to include dialog and themes that children just can’t be expected to understand. Mr. Krabs, for example, is an extremely exploitative capitalist who has made his fortune by developing a secret recipe for sandwiches made out of his own kind.

There’s a lot of pretty fucked up stuff in that show.

4 Likes

They didn´t even get to all of the drug and masturbation references. Rocko´s modern life was a treasure trove of getting crap past the radar.

4 Likes

“Bikini Bottom”?

Lol!

3 Likes

A lot of those gags were over my head, too.

2 Likes

This one made me laugh outright.

The video doesn’t show the full joke - but it turned out to be a laundry bag.

1 Like

Hidden?

9 characters

1 Like

“Bikini Bottom!”

But, of course. Where else would Sandy Cheeks live?

4 Likes

The best cartoons are those that can make adults and their kids both laugh, for different reasons. I remember watching Merrie Melodies and Looney Tunes as a child and later as a knowledgeable adult. They became even funnier!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.