Here are the impressive results of doing 100 squats every day for 30 days

I don’t think my wife can do squats at all, but she isn’t interested in doing any other exercising besides slow walking. I didn’t know that people did those “mistakes” in squats, they seem odd to me. I used to do one-legged deep knee bends, but I find that I can’t do more than a couple anymore, my legs are much weaker than they were when I was young. I find I can get sore knees even after doing my squats with 2 legs daily.

1 Like

Have you tried doing negatives to work up to a real pull up? I was in your boat, too – but it wasn’t long doing negatives until I could do one, then two, then… until now, when I can knock plenty out with good form. The Armstrong Method worked well for me once I could reliably do two or three: http://armstrongpullupprogram.com/

3 Likes

And as yet another programmer/walker (is this some sort of convention?) I found that, for the low-low price of looking like a complete lunatic, you can actually replicate the salubrious effects of taking nice long walks by just pacing like a madman in the middle of your own home. I use this to boost my daily walk (never less than 8000 steps, never less than 5km, though my average is around 10) when there’s a blizzard outside or I have to stay near the computer in case of emergency. Having a fitness watch that tracks steps is a great boon since otherwise you’ll find it (or at least I did) hard to believe that walking up and down your living room (over and over and over…) actually counts.

3 Likes

Not sure if this is a weird sex thing or exercise.

6 Likes

This seems really one sided. I recently completed the Couch to 5K running programme. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to start running / jogging. It starts from nothing and takes 9 weeks to complete. At the moment I run three times a week for at 30 minutes or so, and go to the gym another two or three days for core and back strength (I had a disc hernia about 1.5 years ago). I feel like a different person than just a six months ago. A bunch of my friends also do group HIIT classes and seem to really enjoy it. I like working out on my own though.

Also I don’t need more butt. I have more than enough already.

1 Like

Might be worth getting a cheap treadmill or an exercise bike? That way you can watch tv while exercising :smiley:

Also recommended…

http://scoobysworkshop.com/pullups-for-total-beginners/

0606dc9e03f7bd8f603e121d2d8f9bb36b98fb7a8a2540ff35757bd10a91d8c0

10 Likes

I run slowly. I guess I jog. And I definitely tend to land on my forefoot not my heel. Are knee problems something that happens to hardcore runners more than daily joggers?

Unless making it one word is true to the source quote or you are using different word arrangement to signify something.

Also - don’t be the guy.

It’s not so much “bigger” as “shapelier rather than fatter”. Tell your friend that.

one-punch-man-okay

2 Likes

The new shape in the video may have less fat, but for anyone trying to zip up a fitted skirt, it’s not an improvement. Still, she said her goal was to increase in size, so that was accomplished.

Is that why you do squats?

1 Like

I’ve heard this elsewhere, along the lines of “if you are going to restrict yourself to one exercise, do squats.”

1 Like

I do squats so my butt doesn’t look like a deflated bike tire when I’m naked. So I’m not out to impress anybody, merely not cringe when I look in the bathroom mirror.

3 Likes

Around here treadmills are free, generally. People will pay you to take them away, once they get tired of looking at the evidence of their failure to turn over a new leaf, silently accusing them from the corner, under a pile of boxes.

3 Likes

By the looks of the scenery they live in Vancouver BC

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.