Here are three ways the pandemic could play out

Oh, for sure he’d rather sell someone else’s kidneys, or other organs, even if they’re still using them. But I was trying to limit the comparison to personal choices, not business. :wink:

Dream on. In February the public would not have supported that kind of measures anywhere, and especially not in the US.

There was even a step-by-step playbook to follow Link. It isn’t just in B&W, it even has color.

Trump team failed to follow NSC’s pandemic playbook
Of Course the Trump Administration Ignored a Step-by-Step Guide to Fighting a Coronavirus-esque Pandemic

5 Likes

Sorry for being ambiguous, here’s what I mean:

Even before coronavirus experts knew about broken health systems (Italy, US, Spain), massive air pollution (northern Italy and Hubei province) which leads to respiratory diseases, and other factors which caused deaths and suffering before coronavirus, but now make things worse. But zero fucks were given by politicians.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for cheering me up, bro!

/s

Thanks for clarifying. In that case, you’re just plain wrong, despite pointing at other bad things.

There was expert consensus from the beginning on how to minimize infections and death, and when I say experts, I mean epidemiologists. Leadership in some places like S. Korea listened and did what was necessary. In others, like the US, they did otherwise and we’re paying for it in lives.

9 Likes

Generation C = coronials or quarenteens.

3 Likes

Different writers, also second piece basically summary of one interview.

I suspect that if there would have been constant, concise, and clear information being given from the government and all news channels (looking at you here, Fox) when they started seeing the problem about how bad it could get, the measures that might need to be taken, and the importance of it; there would have been a lot more support for it.

I can’t blame the FOX idiots for not understanding how important this is. After all, if you can think critically for yourself, you’re not a FOX viewer…

2 Likes

You are borderline off-topic with your post and clarification. None of the points stated is likely relevant for the high mortality rate, every point is very likely dwarfed by the sheer amount of patients needing treatment. Which, in turn, has something to do with multiple entries and spreading of the virus, including the cohorts infected. It is too early to exclude any of your points on a scientifically sound basis, but to claim that you know and “politicians didn’t give a fuck” is oversimplified at best.

1 Like

I was reading up on the Black Plague the other night and, in addition to the crazy number of deaths in a shockingly short timeline coupled with the fact that it just kept coming back for years, I learned about the Sweating Disease.

“ It began very suddenly with a sense of apprehension, followed by cold shivers (sometimes very violent), giddiness, headache, and severe pains in the neck, shoulders, and limbs, with great exhaustion. The cold stage might last from half an hour to three hours, after which the hot and sweating stage began.”

And then they just dropped dead. Within hours of symptoms. Honestly, Coronavirus is a kitten compared to some of the other calamities that have happened.

5 Likes

wtf you doing ?

2 Likes

Read the article. I’m not trying to downplay our current situation by any means, but there is much, much worse that could (has) happen(ed).

And to @generic_name’s point, maybe this will nudge us enough to make a change.

Nah. Who am I kidding?

1 Like

I’m not trying to downplay our current situation by any means, but there is much, much worse that could (has) happen(ed).

oh.

1 Like

5 Likes

Here are your Options:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa?_ga=2.107552194.1775021894.1585388641-138349026.1546978100

1 Like

“Here’s a post to prove that I’m no joker.
There’s three ways that this can go:
That’s Good, Bad, or Mediocre.
Oh, C-O-V-I-D, you bug me so!”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.