Here is the trailer for Clerks 3, a downright meta-comedy

I like those sorts of things. They make me tingle. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The only real crossover I can think of is Abbot & Costello Meets Frankenstein, which has Dracula (Lugosi), the Wolf Man (Chaney, Jr.), and Frankenstein’s monster (Glenn Strange).

There’s also House of Frankenstein, which has both the Monster and the Wolf Man.

1 Like

Could be!

Pondering Anthony Anderson GIF by BET

I was disappointed to read the movie will have a very limited theatrical release.

Should US moviegoers want to visit their favorite nearby multiplex to watch the conclusion of Smith’s View Askewniverse trilogy, they’re stuck with a weird two-night run: Tuesday, September 13, and Thursday, September 15. Clerks III is apparently being handled by Fathom Events for its limited nationwide theatrical run, which means it’s relegated to the same distribution network typically reserved for opera broadcasts and Studio Ghibli marathons.

Series fans in select American and Canadian cities have a fan-service opportunity to see the film in theaters, as well. During September and October, Smith will host a series of screenings across the US with a pit stop in Vancouver, BC. Since these screenings will include Smith appearing in person to answer fans’ questions, tickets are much more than an average cineplex; the film’s September 4 premiere in New Jersey has base-level tickets exceeding $100 as of press time. Also as of press time, neither Smith nor Lionsgate has confirmed plans for easier Clerks III access via streaming or video-on-demand services.

1 Like

As I recall, the first crossover was Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man. This connected The Wolf Man with Frankenstein and its sequels. House of Frankenstein and House of Dracula followed bringing the Dracula properties into the fold.

Then the comedy sequel Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein came. While it was comedy, the monsters were played seriously by performers who had portrayed them in the prior serious movies. So if it counts as being in the same universe, it brings the Invisible Man into the fold.

Then there are the follow-up Abbott and Costello movies, although since these films didn’t really have much continuity, I think, they may not successfully build that particular “universe” any further.

3 Likes

He’s been doing that with his films since Red State, in part to avoid having to deal with distribution companies, I think.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.