Here is the wonderfully avant-garde Kate Bush Christmas Special from 1979 with special guest Peter Gabriel

Originally published at: Here is the wonderfully avant-garde Kate Bush Christmas Special from 1979 with special guest Peter Gabriel | Boing Boing

12 Likes

She had quite the show back then, as much art and burlesque as her music. And her friendship with Gabriel was a great combination that really shouldn’t have worked given their different styles, but worked perfectly.

8 Likes

THANK YOU from the bottom of my soul to whoever uploaded this!!! KB was absolute MAGIC and this was just hypnotic!!! I haven’t thought of those songs in years and it was incredible to see some of them performed. I wore the vinyl out back in the day, pure bliss to listen to her enchanted voice through the headphones.

7 Likes

What a great show! I’d seen bits and pieces of it before, but the whole thing is amazing. She has a fascinating artistic vision. Symphony in Blue will always be one of my favorites from her.

1 Like

Naturally after seeing this I needed to see some more and came across another wonderful collection of Kate tunes:

With Traces of Melancholy, Rare & Unreleased Tracks

She’s a treasure.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.