Here's a picture of Uranus

Zuckerberg has pictures of everyone’s bootyhole. I learned that from the Scam Goddess podcast with Laci Mosely

6 Likes

He still owes me a Thank You.

9 Likes

That’s too close up for me, I think Uranus looks better zoomed out.

11 Likes

it’s a bit startling to see the moons in this hot blueish color unless you remember it’s interpreted infrared.

7 Likes

@beschizza forgot to link to the source:

Uranus is beautiful, in the right light (NASA, probably)

…which includes a glorious zoomed out view, including a really lovely constellation of:

Cosmic Dingleberries

4 Likes

4 Likes

Someone just got a new band name

6 Likes

I gather that it’s so far out the sun don’t hardly shine there.

4 Likes

How large was the object that tilted Uranus on its side?

3 Likes

Uranus’ cling-ons.

@Tee_sea got there before me!

1 Like

FTA: Uranus is the only planet whose equator is nearly at a right angle to its orbit, with a tilt of 97.77 degrees – possibly the result of a collision with an Earth-sized object long ago.

You’re all laughing at In Depth, aren’t you?

11 Likes

There’s a really old and bad Star Trek joke right here. And you’re dancing around it. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

I would never pose for pictures like that! That’s an impostor!.

1 Like

Four of us, housemates from the same uni, fresh out of school and working for the same company, would watch ST/OS reruns together. One of those times after listening to Kirk’s usual “Stardate…” spiel, I yelled out, "Captain’s log!" My meaning could not be misunderstood, and one in our group accused me of ruining ST forever for him… as if the thought had never occurred to him. I don’t care. I’m happy with what I did.

6 Likes

Uranus is visible from space.

3 Likes

So you’re saying Uranus has experienced an extreme pounding? :thinking:

Well, that too.

4 Likes

That’s a Chuck Tingle novel that basically writes itself.

7 Likes

Jokes aside, the Webb telescope continues to deliver some astounding space information and views. I know it’s working in the infrared and we’re seeing interpreted data, but man, that’s so really cool. There’s a side-by-side comparison of this with one taken by the Hubble last year, and it’s pretty neat seeing how much more detail Webb can extract from the same view.

11 Likes

A Space-Rock Travelling Wilburys tribute band?

@prwade I thought that the sun shone from Uranus?

@nosaj “Pounded in Uranus by an Earth-sized object” one of Dr Chuck Tingle’s more scientifically rigorous tales.

@FGD135 beat me to it.

7 Likes

Summer Vintage GIF

5 Likes