Are people who study Uranus annoyed by jokes about Uranus?

Originally published at: Are people who study Uranus annoyed by jokes about Uranus? | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Outer Space Nasa GIF by Overlook Horizon
Giphy does not dissapoint

22 Likes

IA3dLv

I’m glad they (for the most part) have a good sense of humor about it. The stuffed shirts making budget decisions might look poorly on it, but humor and education are fabulous bedfellows. Plus, everyone loves making terrible jokes, so media coverage for anything Uranus-related is virtually guaranteed.

31 Likes

While I’m a little leery about someone saying “I embrace Uranus”, I’m at an age where I’d be appreciative of someone saying “I’d like to fund Uranus”, as not everything works the way it used to. :blush:

9 Likes

media

22 Likes

Yeah that planet is always the butt of every joke

Also, relax and embrace…

tv show butt stuff GIF

22 Likes

I’m still waiting for someone to name a newly discovered planet: Butthole Pucker. Might take some of the stress off Uranus.

5 Likes

Proctologists?

7 Likes

Leonard is now studying Uranus? How did I miss that episode? The joke possibilities are endless!

8 Likes

63 Earths can fit inside Uranus. 64 if you relax.

Someone please, please tell me where I can buy this t-shirt!

7 Likes

7 Likes

Looks like Redbubble has a few.

15 Likes
8 Likes

The made their choices

3 Likes

I don’t know why, but that gif is hypnotic…

10 Likes

Something absolutely huge slammed into Uranus when it was still young, causing it to tilt dramatically and spin on its side.

The incredible damage to Uranus and the mass of loose material that was produced by the crash would have coalesced into a ball,

And the byline is Mike Wehner

16 Likes

Its funny because the name of the planet is similar to the part of the body that the waste from food digestion comes out of. It is very funny. I often laugh when I hear about two things whose names sound similar, when they aren’t in fact similar things. Like the word “dug” and the name “Doug.” See! Very funny.

5 Likes

Just like a good :peach:

4 Likes

We wouldn’t have this problem if they’d stuck with Herschel’s original, better name of “The Georgian Planet”

2 Likes

Wait, is that the correct number if you relax?

Asking for a friend.

2 Likes