4 Likes

He was a terrible mayor and an awful human being, but he’s no Donald Trump

10 Likes

Without comment…

(Thanks, @tropo)

3 Likes

… wait, Rob Ford is dead?

10 Likes

Apparently not. He’s just focusing on his UK job, using the name Eric Pickles.

7 Likes

No worries. Wait, Rob Ford’s dead?

7 Likes

This thread is becoming an ouROBoros.

That, or it’s Rob Fords all the way down.

11 Likes

How would a publication ban stop it from being sent to someone in the US who would then publish it?

2 Likes

Wait, is Rob Ford dead?

8 Likes

No, he’s a zither.

3 Likes

Rob Ford isn’t dead, he’s just pining for the fjords.

9 Likes

FOUR words…
Donald Trump Next Year.

2 Likes

Rob Ford = ( Donald Trump + Drugs - Mayhem + Hairpiece )1/2

1 Like

Whoever sent it would risk being deemed in violation of the ban. Canadian judges/courts usually wield a pretty heavy hammer on these things.

Arguably it’s even less productive with the living.

Opponents’ failure to take Rob Ford seriously probably helped him win elections, and opponents’ failure to take Trump seriously is no doubt a big reason he’s a major-party nominee.

I do understand the urge to come up with clever nicknames for men like them, but I think it sucks the seriousness out of the debate (and sometimes derails it outright).

2 Likes

Shouldn’t we start a thread about it?

7 Likes

Start a thread.

4 Likes

A heavy enough hammer to make the American who published it give up his source?

2 Likes

First off, I had no idea Rob Ford was dead. Frankly, I’m surprised he made it this long! Second, I have no idea if the crowdfunded effort eventually led to the release of this video or not, but I’m still glad to have contributed to the effort now that I’ve actually seen the real thing. Sadly, it’s more disappointing than his numerous other videos that have been released concerning his illicit and not so illicit substance abuse. In any case, I’m sure there are many in Toronto who are glad this national embarrassment is finally behind them. Now we in the US have an entirely new national embarrassment to contend with, and as much as I hate the state of political affairs in this country, I would rather move to Canada than to have Trump as president. That or Mexico (it’s a hell of a lot closer), and I’m used to the heat.

Then again, in a certain light, watching the world burn would be interesting (like nuclear war), but then I’d rather live on a habitable planet that isn’t run exclusively by assholes.