Here's the page from the biology textbook that Arizona conservatives tore out

Sorry to disappoint… Just an inflatable umbrella hat – wave of the future, they say…

4 Likes

except nothing makes one liberal more then having conservative parents! ssshhhh…their plan will backfire!

3 Likes

and vice versa! So, lie to your children, I guess.

I’d wear that.

1 Like
5 Likes

It’s a bird, it’s a plane, no, it’s Super Diaphram!

1 Like

I agree that these are not great pages on sex ed.

But I think what good sex ed in a school setting can do that the internet can’t is to be able to sift and distill information. While there is good information online, they also have to sift through tons of bad information online - and being able to differentiate good from bad is certainly a learned skill that not all young people have developed (believe me). Having a person who is knowledgeable about these issues, and is willing to talk about them honestly and openly, is probably the best way to go overall. [edited for dumb grammar]

1 Like

Board president Staci Burk said parents have volunteered to help, which is mighty wide of them.

Um… I can’t tell if this is just a malapropism or an attempt to reform the formerly common racist turn of phrase.

4 Likes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.