Hermès sells rocks for less than the price of an iPhone X

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/15/hermes-sells-rocks-for-less-th.html

1 Like

Perfect :+1:

8 Likes

$4.00 ea. (1975)

15 Likes

Inflation and my lack of general economic sense tells me that $4 in 1975 must be ~$850 in 2017.

21 Likes

EZ Money!

Jiyuseki Stone Phone

9 Likes

how much without the leather strap? I like to let my rocks roam freely.

20 Likes

Fascinating…

2 Likes

I can’t be the only one whose immediate thought was that this was another sort of sex thing rather than a paperweight.

What’s that they’re saying these days? Anything can be a paperweight if you’re brave enough?

5 Likes

I suppose if a rich idiot has 900 bucks to spend on a paperweight then why not.

3 Likes

If you ever spot a rich idiot like this, point them in my direction. I haven’t sold a painting for that much, but would really like to.

11 Likes

You’re trying too hard. Paint the canvas white, make up an overly complicated philosophical story about what it means. Profit.

10 Likes

hqdefault

7 Likes

Rauschenberg:

YXEiawJCAjms

Automobile Tire Print (1953)

7 Likes

The painting a canvas white thing is also an actual work of “art”. There’s also Marcel Duchamp…

3 Likes

Gwyneth Paltrow is already recommending it on her site as a “natural vaginal cleaner”.
OK, not really.
Well, so far…

8 Likes

Commando stones?

7 Likes

I’m now imagining a lucrative sponsorship deal with the Primitive Technology channel on Youtube:

4 Likes

What about Marley the pony?

“This unique, one-of-a-kind piece - affectionately named “Marley” - was created through the expertise of saddler-fine leather craftsmen and the couturiers at the petit h workshop.”

Also unique, and only $133,800, with free (ground) shipping.

2 Likes

ROCK ON!

:joy:

2 Likes

Perfect for breaking in your $10,000 Hermès Birkin bag.

2 Likes