Hermès sells rocks for less than the price of an iPhone X

9 Likes

anything can be a sex toy if you are even braver!

the real question is do they sell the strap separately?
the rocks are the easy part to come by.

One could use the strap in all sorts of ways, to get their rocks off and really get a handle on things in the bedroom.

If there is still tea in the teapot then he truly is teabagging, might be soothing to steep ones nuts.

3 Likes

So it’s a goop product too then?

SandBenders? Sweet.

Hermes makes sense only in particular environments.
Western society very closely models Court society and spending conspicuously, at least for those that are wealthy and powerful enough to attend our modern “court”, is very important to thier social dynamic. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspicuous_consumption

So, having a $900 rock is a display of power for those that matter to them. That fact that we think thier idiots doesn’t matter to them: we’re peasants.

7 Likes

In the absence of effective progressive tax regimes, I sometimes feel that art is the next best way of separating money from the rich.

5 Likes

Unfortunately the artists also tend to be in the 1%

1 Like

I’m wondering how she’s keeping that bottom sock on, myself.

5 Likes

Let’s not be too hasty with the generalizations.

I would posit that the artist 1% are contemporary, pop and/or abstract expressionist artists, a la Koons, or merchandisers like Thomas Kinkade (using the Chinese wholesale model) and Richard Schmid (book sales). They’re the clever kind of artists. Scam artists.

4 Likes

If you have to ask…

2 Likes

Damn, I cant buy the rock! I already blew the month’s budget on the $5k Hermès baseball cap:

5 Likes

I HOPE that’s made of horse leather.

2 Likes

Maybe you need a new venue, with a more appreciative clientele

3 Likes

DeBeers has been convincing people to pay hundreds, often thousands, of dollars for decorative rocks since 1888.

11 Likes

Except it didn’t really take off amongst the peasantry (see comment by localhost above) until the 1930’s when De Beers made a deliberate attempt to create a tradition, see http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27371208.

3 Likes

Death in a violent third world mining camp, is forever.

4 Likes

A Hermes pet rock will probably have a higher resale “value” in ten years than will an iPhone X.

2 Likes

Yeah but this rock is big enough that you can throw it at someone. And then steal their iPhoneX while they’re unconscious.

6 Likes

That looks like an ideal implement to stock pile for the next G20 confrontation.

2 Likes

As a pescatarian, I approve your approach.

1 Like