Hey, kids! Let's play White Terrorism Bingo

I was exaggerating. But only slightly.

1 Like

From that same link, we are presented this chart (which is the only one in that report dealing with ideology):

Which shows that the left and right have generally comparable access to Sunday shows. Except on FOX. As I expected.

There appears to be a right-leaning bias, but I can’t tell whether it’s statistically significant outside of FOX.

I’ll have to read through the whole thing now.

8 Likes

Hope you do. It’s not as you would expect. You seemed to state you expected little bias, and there is a ton.

Added

"If you look at the breakdown of all the guests, 40 percent of guests 
were white male and conservatives. They overwhelmingly dominated 
the conversation, not only excluding individuals of diverse perspective
of opinions but also giving false opinions on race and gender. 
[It is] not just wrong, but destructive.”
5 Likes

I was referencing bias in the access the left and right has to the media. There appears to have been a slight bias (excluding FOX) for the 2013 sample.

I wasn’t talking about any other kind of bias. The MMFA report does however show significant bias in favor of white male guests. And the network that does the best at trying to maintain at least gender parity (MSNBC) still fails massively, as it’s the only one where white+male is less than the totality of everyone else. But only by about 1/3rd less than everyone else.

This report paints a better picture of ideological bias, which is clearly evident, and I wouldn’t have been so strident arguing with you about, seeing as this one is actually focusing on ideological biases, rather than leaving them as a footnote at the end:

Also, your quote doesn’t appear in your linked page at all. So I’m not sure where you dug that one up.

Isn’t it always easier when we can reduce it to a binary of us vs them? (and doesn’t it usually serve very few?)

[Ducking and covering.]

5 Likes

Surely the card is missing ‘an isolated incident’

9 Likes

Maybe that’s a key to where the card came from. In the US we’ve had enough of this crap for isolated incident to sound hollow.

2 Likes

Depends what one’s goals are, I suppose. The binary has never impressed me as being very functional.

Define functional.

6 Likes

I can see a pattern. Old white guys with beards..

(more info here)

1 Like

Partisanship does not seem to accurately describe real-world relationships.

1 Like

You guys allow possibility of parole for premeditated murderers? How progressive. I mean, I’m not sure one way or the other if I agree. But it does seem more humane if your prison system has even a cursory focus on reform and rehabilitation, rather than a 100% focus on stroking revenge boners like the American system.

2 Likes

Haven’t you heard of facilities management? Big business keeping people in boxes.

2 Likes

It is pretty strange and reclusive.

1 Like

Fighting fire with fire? :wink:

14 Likes

I’d say it’s more complicated. A god cannot do anything, otherwise we’d have empirical evidence of a god that can be re-tested and shown to reliably work. But a religion does plenty, just like any other ideology. The christian religion makes people kill those who work at abortion clinics, and subject their children to unnecessary dick chopping. The muslim religion makes people whip apostates to death and throw acid on women who don’t conform. The hindu religion makes people treat the poor as worthless shit piled up in the street. Ideas create action.

8 Likes

Aaaaiiiiieeee! He smoulders!

2 Likes

Robert Lewis Dear wasn’t religous. In fact, he is a “Transgendered Leftist Activist” according to Ted Cruz. Put that in your free space.

2 Likes

That’s a fucking sick joke. Makes me wish there actually were a hell.

I realize that I could be misinterpreted. I meant it’s a sick joke that the politicians are immediately trying to demonize transgender people as a dogwhistle here. It’s sick that they’re making such craven political hay out of a tradgedy and using the opportunity to vilify a relatively vulnerable and historically mistreated community.

Like how the nazis did. Pretty much exactly like that, really. Can’t they see what they’re doing?

4 Likes

I need to know what kind of stranger before I can start making assumptions about your true motive.