Hey, Let's Call the Cast of Star Trek

Indeed, 'twould have been better if he had died from that self-administered face-slapping, rather than flailing around like a buffoon on that cheap metal walkway in Generations.

3 Likes

Those movies still don’t hold a candle to

8 Likes

“Leonard Nimoy comes off best—he was always the coolest guy on the bridge.”

19 Likes

To be fair, Kirk and Picard only had a literally infinite amount of time to come up with a better plan than “let’s travel back to the moment just after the villain kicked my ass and rush him together, he doesn’t stand a chance against TWO unarmed senior citizens!”

8 Likes

Who is Prince Albert? And why would I put him in a can?

5 Likes

The origin of the trope:

1 Like

And when it hit the star, they instantly saw it happen from the planet, which makes just as much sense.

Unless it was traveling back in time as it flew. Of course, it was a tachyon missile! Seems obvious now that I think about it.

5 Likes

So, has anyone had the guts to dial 1-800-3-BEAM UP?

And why wasn’t it 1-800-4-BEAM UP? That would make sense.

1 Like

Thanks, didn’t know that! Some small consolation for JT there, that at least he got a screenwriting phenomenon named after him. It’s no Wilhelm Scream, but better than nothing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, there’s more to the scene than that. There’s Spock not understanding even the concept of life being but a dream. That was truly special.

2 Likes

I wasn’t all that impressed with “Star Trek VIII: The one withe Borg”, either.

1 Like

Oh come on. Surely, you must admit it was the best of the movies with the TNG cast.

3 Likes

damning with faint praise?

I liked Khan, voyage home, and undiscovered country, And Search for Spock holds up pretty well

1 Like

That’s my Deco table lamp seen to the right George Takei.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.