High school coach stole $40 from player’s wallet, police say

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/10/high-school-coach-stole-40-fr.html

3 Likes

Hope that $40 was worth it ex-coach.

7 Likes

Hey! It’s tough being the son of a very successful parent (who you could likely get 40 bucks from). :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

They have cameras in the locker room?!?!?!

good point

not really

4 Likes

thank you

1 Like

Crook logic…

245x180x36

3 Likes

Slow news day?

1 Like

The coach was under the mistaken impression that Texas’s “football immunity” statute applies to larceny. It really only covers bribery, corruption, and sexual assault…

5 Likes

I hope these people never learn about how Club Sports works. For example my buddy sold dozens of pizzas for his child’s club soccer team and learned that 100% of the fundraiser was going directly to the coach. There is currently a club hockey team that has been raising money in front of our Wal-mart. The kids just say “Donate to my team” and mumble over that they are asking so they can play in a tournament in Hawaii.

2 Likes

Also

The mother told Renteria it wasn’t the first time that players had experienced thefts in the locker room.

So, I’m guessing it was a sting operation.

4 Likes

He’ll need to steal from 50 more students just to make bail.

7 Likes

You forget he’s a coach. He probably can’t do that math.

3 Likes

Indeed. If that’s what people are into, I’m sure there’s a very rich variety of stories of people doing horrible things, being caught on cell phone video, and subsequently being subjected to criminal charges, any number of which can be just as easily relayed with a similar lack of context.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.