Hijab-wearing Muslim woman racially profiled as 'terrorist' sues Chicago police

Yep. That’s pretty much the bottom line. So what in your world is “hinky” exactly?

6 Likes

because wearing a full face mask all the time is tantamount to shouting “fire!” in a crowded theater

8 Likes

Y’know, I’ve watched the movie V for Vendetta several times, and I’ve never had any trouble interpreting the body language of the title character, despite the full face mask and draping clothing.

Could it be that posture, head angle, and multiple other body language cues can be distinguished, even through draping clothing and despite a face mask?

19 Likes

No, you don’t understand. She’s scum. She deserves violence. She is a non-person. I’m obligated to say this because feminism and/or humanism.

12 Likes

But no respect is required, either. Respect must be earned (other than a default of the social contract). But willing obtuseness and disregard of language earns no respect.

4 Likes

It’s amazing that we can survive in a society with backpacks, hats, mustaches, sunglasses, loose shirts, jackets, shoes, pants, and anuses.

The things people can hide …OMG EVERYTHING IS SCARY! RUN! RUN!!!

We really need to stop creating problems and blow other issues out of proportion. Dangerous things are cars, all the health conditions we’re not spending money on (because…TERROR! Scary things! Sneks!), and a society where people aren’t treated with dignity.

16 Likes

let me hazard the wild guess that you do not have a degree in linguistics

5 Likes

Especially if you suspect them of having an explosive device with a jerry-built trigger.

7 Likes

Do you realize that making stupid statements with a question mark at the end of them only makes them sound much more like something that a stupid person would think is a winning debate strategy?

4 Likes

That is Trump-level slander you have going there.

You have utterly zero right to demand that of anybody.

24 Likes

It is if you are doing it where I’m trying to build a snowman.

3 Likes

It’s certainly a good enough term at least.
As in, the terminology is the least important part of this.

4 Likes

I remember the first time I moved somewhere where there was enough snow in the winter to build proper snowmen. I was bicycle commuting to work daily at five in the morning. A small slit for the eyes was about all that I ever exposed in broad daylight for about six months.

11 Likes

So, you are just doubling down on going full ad hominem? That is a very ironic way of acusing me of being the antisocial one.

From this thread I realized we should all go naked while wearing clear butt plugs. I mean if it’s for the public good right?

11 Likes

Do you want to build a snowman?

5 Likes

This doesn’t have to do with whether what she’s wearing is anti-social. It has to do with cops being taught that when any person is wearing traditional Muslim garb and moving in a determined manner, that there is a reasonably high chance that this person is trying to blow up a train station, and therefore consider it a good thing to give this person a lot of grief.

Shall we keep the discussion on topic?

14 Likes

People without face coverings can be dangerous.

17 Likes

I see your point. I don’t know @Skeptic well enough to determine for myself his or her authenticity, so I fall back on my own standard, which is that everyone deserves, IMHO and from me (I can’t and won’t say what others should do here), a basic level of respect as a human being (I guess you could call it dignity) until they’ve divested themselves of it with willful malfeasance or driving trollies.

7 Likes