“Hitchhiker,” by Korean girl pop band 11: either the best or worst music video ever

I stared wide-eyed.

2 Likes

I’ll see your Korean girl pop band, and raise you a Finnish pop band named Husky Rescue playing “Summertime Cowboy” (multipurpose palate cleanser & mind bender):

2 Likes

Definitely the best, thanks Xeni.

2 Likes

Well, this certainly belies the dour rep of those North Koreans. Who knew they could be so fun?

EDIT: Sorry - I meant to say those there North Koreans of course.

1 Like

I’ve been sharing it with the following message:

PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN
Please make certain that the kids see it (even if they’re yours)!

2 Likes

Many blessings!

I’ll tell ya one thing: The vocals require absolutely no talent whatsoever. Which is pretty much par for the course these days with any sort of pop music.

Reminds me strongly of Blank Banshee - like the Internet came alive and started singing to me…

4 Likes

I used to hear this from my parents, who used to hear it from theirs.

7 Likes

I feel like Arthur Dent after listening to Vogon poetry and trying to come up with something nice to say.

4 Likes

Best.
No questions asked.

It seems you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the entire situation here.

2 Likes

The article title has been corrected, the discussion thread title not so much.

Anyway, here’s an interview with Hitchhiker.

tl;dr: He’s an established musician and music producer in Korea, the voice is his daughter, he made the video himself, the concept for the video is that Hitchhiker is a globetrotting superstar DJ. Oh, and Diplo and Skrillex both retweeted the video (in real life, that is).

3 Likes

Is it just me? I get a Die Antwoord flavor from this too.

1 Like

This might date to the beginnings of polyphony. “Are you kidding me? Even with just the two, they can’t even hit the same note.”

2 Likes

This the kind of thing that posthuman uploads will resort to doing for fun after they’ve gotten tired of every permutation of pan-species virtual sex.

3 Likes

The singer sounds quite a lot like Yolandi doesn’t she?

And what would that be? Enlighten me!

These neither.