Hitler painting could be yours

Sadly, yes.

Thus preserving the British Empire. Oh, well. At least there’ll be airships.

A more convincing argument for the value of an arts education I have never seen.

Well Ron did eventually get shot in real life, and even though it was only a .22 it sucked much worse than in the movies.

Better idea: talk the winning powers after WW1 to help Germany rebuild instead of crippling them with reparations.

Otherwise you end up with the same, just different names as leaders.

2 Likes

I was thinking more twee and charming than grotesque and genocidal, myself, but yeah, there’s the unfortunate potential for overlap, otherwise…

That’s always been my answer to the “If you could go back in time and kill Hitler…” question.

I’d have helped him get through art school and into therapy.

Everybody kills Hitler on their first trip. It’s a rookie mistake.

7 Likes

Wasn’t Röhm gay? That would have made an interesting twist to history.

Here it is:

Nice counterpoint for the Polish Johnny Poszedl Na Wojne poster downstairs.

The 11x8.5" work

Didn’t anyone else look at the size and think, color photocopy? (And what would you say if that were the case? “Damnit, I expected a real Hitler?”)

the artist had by then moved on to a career in politics and achieved a measure of public notability.

Really? Must look that up.

Would take some real chemistry to determine what the paint is made of. Much more obvious on the lamps.

2 Likes

Hey, come now! It’s actually possible to use cabbage artistically to great effect!

If we’re in luck, the Dinos brothers might snatch it up and draw rainbows all over it, as they have with other authentic Hitlerartworks in the past.

And portering for tips at the Vienna train station. And sleeping in a Jewish funded homeless shelter.

Then World War One started, and for four years, amidst the shooting and the carnage, he actually could count on having three meals a day. Doesn’t absolve him, but it does make a strong case against running your country in such a way that some of your people live more comfortably in wartime.

2 Likes

Maybe a band of Jews will sneak in and steal it.

His expression looks like he’s making a delivery himself.

1 Like

One of those men was not like the others…

Rommel is regarded as having been a humane and professional officer.[4] His Afrika Korps was never accused of war crimes, and soldiers captured during his Africa campaign were reported to have been treated humanely.[5] Orders to kill Jewish soldiers, civilians and captured commandos were ignored.[6] Late in the war, Rommel was linked to the conspiracy to assassinate Adolf Hitler.

All the more reason to let him realize his potential as a mechanical engineer. Maybe he’d do great things for humanity like inventing automotive airbags 30 years early or something.