Hobby Lobby Surrenders Ancient Gilgamesh Tablets To The US Government

Do we have any evidence that our fair and kind government intends to repatriate these artifacts post-haste or are we just assuming that they are acting with benevolent hearts? Just curious. The “government” as we know it is a series of disjointed and schizophrenic entities so of course you may very well be correct or it may end up in a museum storehouse stateside.

1 Like

“This forfeiture represents an important milestone on the path to returning this rare and ancient masterpiece of world literature to its country of origin,” said Acting U.S. Attorney Jacquelyn M. Kasulis for the Eastern District of New York

7 Likes

Helpful! Thank you.

3 Likes

Because they believe that it is evidence that Noah is real, and it was the Sumerians who copied the story from the early Jews? It doesn’t have to be right, it just needs to make sense to them and their fellow believers.

11 Likes

Glad it’s in good hands.

13 Likes

Indiana Jones Conspiracy GIF

9 Likes

Shouldn’t you, I dunno, like, um, learn how to do a museum before doing a museum?! FFS, ppl!

3 Likes

And sometimes posts in other threads that, um, mention the store disappear…

Well, I, for one, welcome our Stalinist overlords.

ETA: mispeling.

3 Likes

Egypt as a unified state existed ca. 5000 years ago. The Egyptians were already trading w/other countries. There are imported pottery vessels in tombs w/dates well before the unification, and some V early tombs contain Lapis that came all the way from Afghanistan. How could people who are essentially tripping balls manage to set up trade w/foreign countries? All the distractions, and pointing and laughing would have got them killed, not lucrative business deals.

“We are prepared to offer…”
"Silence! The God Ra is speaking to me Right Now!"

(whispering)
"Look at his beard!"
(trying to hide snickering)
“I know, right?”
(still trying to hide snickering)
“It looks just like Neithhotep’s sister’s hair!”
(still trying to hide snickering, with less success)
“Just Look At It!”
(explosive laughter)

4 Likes

The first rule of boing boing store, is don’t talk about boing boing store?

7 Likes
7 Likes

Off topic, but you know I had to:

7 Likes

Don’t be silly! Everything they do is ‘doing God’s work’ so they don’t need to learn ‘how to do’ anything at all!

(They are, of course, fuckwits, it almost goes without saying.)

6 Likes

There is a boing boing store?

9 Likes

We have always been at store with boing boing!

14 Likes

I am not at liberty to discuss how and where I store my boings.

11 Likes

Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the boing boing store?! ANSWER THE QUESTION!

12 Likes

The fact that this still goes on makes me furious. So many sites are destroyed from such looting rich folks who don’t understand the significance nor the cultural relevance of such artifacts. It belongs back in the land that it came from for its own people, not ours.

7 Likes

What’s to learn? It’s just a bunch of stuff in cabinets, right? /s

5 Likes

No. Why would you think that? :expressionless:

8 Likes