Homeless Florida man lived in sports stadium luxury suite for two weeks

Most likely us queer folk, although I doubt they’re going to go for us only one group at a time like that. If nothing else, there’s far too much intersectionality for that approach.

15 Likes

Having “lived rough” for a time, I applaud this man for his choice of refuge.

16 Likes

Nope sorry; I should have named y’all along with the Black & Brown folk, if not before us. My bad.

Exactly.

What I am saying is that once they’ve locked down everyone who is considered any kid of ‘Other,’ poor White folks are next.

14 Likes

That’s why I keep reminding people we need to stand together. We’re stronger than way! Or hell, I dunno, maybe then we’re a nice grouped target, but I don’t think it’s a coincidence that fascists love to play people against one another.

I’m glad to stand with you. Seeing you still here when I came back after a long hiatus was one of the reasons I started posting again.

17 Likes

Absolutely.

I’ve said it before and I will keep saying it;

Your fight is MY fight; my fight is YOUR fight.

23 Likes

Quality public housing ferinstance.

2 Likes

You can’t be homeless, that’s ILLEGAL. We’re taking you to jail, then later we’ll force you out into the street without any of your belongings. Where you will be homeless … and we’ll arrest you again because you’re homeless!

It’s like we took the meanest, dumbest person and have them design our society.

9 Likes

He was apparently wearing Tampa Bay Rowdies clothing swiped from the merch shop

He committed no moral offenses by taking unused food and shelter he needed, but that is a fairly serious fashion crime.

12 Likes

Re: unused space in stadiums and similar buildings

Architects (or, more to the point, developers, investors and elected representatives who funnel money into projects) could do worse than taking a leaf out of Oscar Niemeyer’s book.

https://www.uia2021rio.archi/sambadrome-carnaval-niemeyer-N116en

3 Likes

Well, at least he wasn’t trapped in NOLA. I cannot believe that they renamed that stadium Mercedes-Benz.

1 Like

Ok, there’s so many layers of terrible here, but man… I applaud this dude for his ingenuity if nothing else.

Go big or go home sir.

(Edit: I didn’t even think about it when I used that last phrase, which is frankly even more sad.)

4 Likes

i used to climb into what i thought were comfy boats or cars in dealership lots and think i’d had it made. i wouldn’t have thought twice about squatting in a luxury suite if i thought i’d get away with it even for a night or two. one summer i worked in a touristy beach village and when everything shut down for the season i couldn’t pay for my literal shanty anymore, so i migrated over to the adjacent and by then closed motel and was able to stay warm for another month before finally hitting the road.

2 Likes

We’re much more stylish with our kit up here in the ATL…

josef-martinez-dribble

4 Likes

I was hoping …
It’s not going to be orange people, is it?
Damn.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.