Homeowners Association issues cease-and-desist over children playing sports in grassy field

Where I live now has no HOA. I bought some land about 10 years ago in a slightly depressed area.

Now the wave of gentrification has swept over the area, and lots of little communities have spring up, each one its own HOA.

The few neighbors and myself that were here before don’t have to deal with that madness.

4 Likes

Now I’m trying to imagine a HOAs response to Uppies and Downies

3 Likes

… spurred on by the cul-de-sac’s Karens and Kens, being on the HOA or not.

Why do I get the feeling that those kids are in danger? I’d think such aforementioned types would be the most likely to be especially prickly about anyone or anything – however benign and innocently – ending up on their driveways and front lawns. A loose ball ending up there… and the kid walking up to retrieve that ball.

BTW: Having dealt with our own HOA several times, they can be fought and forced to back down, but you need to have enough homeowners show up at open forum meetings as one large, loud, angry unit.

3 Likes

I can’t read that without The Pixies entering my brain.

6 Likes

I would have no problem with neighborhood kids using that land to have fun. Heck, a nice gazebo and giant playset would be great.

I’m not sure about the tents and organized football with coaches. I’d have to see how it goes to see if it would become a problem with extra traffic, parking, trash, etc… But if everyone was respectful to surrounding property and behaved themselves I’d take a chair out there and cheer the little buggers on.

When we were kids it was touch football on the cement street and tackle on the grassy sides. It was adventure football.

Oh, and…

CAR!

6 Likes

:notes: And you’ll ask yourself
Where is my mind? :notes:

2 Likes

Physical activity and face to face time with their peers is in short supply for children these days. In the interest of the public health, I am approving this activity.
For those with a medical need to have peace and quiet. I will approve insurance coverage for ear plugs and white noise machine, on recommend from your primary care physician.
For those who face interruptions during online meeting. I suggest you reach out to your employer to request new microphones and acoustic paneling.
The rest of you who just hate the sound of children player. You can get bent.

(All this is possible when I am made dictator for life. So vote. Vote early, and vote often!)

2 Likes

There’s also Cornish Hurling which is still ‘played’ in St Columb with a silver metal ball and has much the same gleeful disregard of actual rules.

5 Likes

so…
organized Calvinball?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.