Homer Simpson in 3D: Artist Miguel Vasquez imagines what cartoon characters would look like in real life

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/18/artist-imagines-what-cartoon-c.html

2 Likes

Nightmare fuel!

1 Like

I use the bus to get to work. People like this exist.

12 Likes

Let me know the bus you take every morning. I must avoid it by all means.

No worries; we’re on different continents.

1 Like

They reeeeaaally should do an intro to The Simpsons like this.

I might even watch The Simpsons to catch it!

6 Likes

The other day I ran across Spongebob reimagined as a shounen anime…

5 Likes

Another digital artist did a similar (but less anatomically plausible) series of these about ten years ago.

15 Likes

The Shadow over Springfield? Homer seems to have a bit of the “Innsmouth look” in Vasquez’s depiction.

11 Likes

I’m not trying to tell this guy what to do, but he can stop doing these any time now.

7 Likes

Nigel Thornberry looks like the Chuckle Brother who Barry and Paul Chuckle never talked about.

I don’t know, many of these cartoon characters , whom I don’t know who they are, have such distorted physical features you wouldn’t know who the 3D character was supposed to portray. On a couple of them it appears to me he got them completely wrong, added features they don’t have and distorted their already caricature appearance.

1 Like

Oh man I hate when they give away all the major plot points in the opening.

1 Like

I like that one better. You know right away who it’s supposed to be.

Isn’t Spongebob supposed to be, y’know… a sponge? And not a fleshy creature covered by skin?

5 Likes

It’s true: in fact it’s been revealed what Spongebob & co. look like IRL on the show

10 Likes

Along the same lines, I really enjoyed this artist’s anatomical study of famous cartoon characters:

3 Likes

5 Likes

Missing a MAGA hat.

giphy

5 Likes