Honest Academy Awards movie posters for #Oscars nominees

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/24/honest-academy-award-movie-pos.html

#OSCARS realness.

7 Likes

And the Academy Award goes tooooo…tumblr_pngabgoaqD1trtj0xo1_540

8 Likes

Bohemian Rhapsody poster is dead on.

I enjoyed the movie, loved the music, Queen music fan here but, know better than to believe the super glossy feel good epitaph that it was.

15 Likes

With Mel & I.

LOL

I need to go back and watch that one again.

4 Likes

All this time I assumed they were plastic. They don’t squeak when you squeeze them?

15 Likes

I say this every year; if you pay attention to the Academy Awards, you have only yourself to blame.

14 Likes

The Ass Jeans song was a pretty catchy tune.

3 Likes

People still watch the Oscars?

6 Likes
11 Likes

It’s a wonder Adam hasn’t been assassinated already. /s

7 Likes

They did. And you know where the squeak nozzle was located.

3 Likes

Re: “Driving Mr. Jazzy,” why not “Green Baloney: another tired racial reconciliation fantasy involving employment”? cf. “The Upside,” “The Help,” et al. No wonder Spike got all agitated.

3 Likes

The Black Klansman was a better choice for the “Socially Relevant Film About Race Relations”.
Plus it was damn funny!

Spike Lee got the “Color of Money Award for acknowledging a lifetime of work which was largely ignored by the Academy”.

6 Likes

is there a breakdown of the weights I wonder

2 Likes

don’t know about f1ck the queen she seems to
do a pretty good job her self

2 Likes

I enjoyed “Green Book”, mainly because Viggo Mortenson is hilarious in it, but I didn’t think it was really Oscar-worthy on any level. I also didn’t think “Black Panther” should have even been nominated for best picture-- it’s a fun movie (like superhero movies are supposed to be) but not particularly deep or moving.

Face it, the Oscars are a joke, a big Hollywood circle-jerk, have been that way as long as I can remember.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.