Honest Trailers hits "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever"

Originally published at: Honest Trailers hits "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

My expectations were very low, but it turns out it’s not so bad. It’s just long.

Needless to say I don’t particularly care about anything they might be trying to set up in the future. (I have hope for What If season 2 more than anything else at this point. At least the first season tended to get stories across in a timely fashion.)

ETA: I also admire the apparent restraint in not subjecting Mr. Huerta to quite the same hellish physical training that such roles seem to demand of late.

4 Likes

Well it does take quite some time for even the most adept swimmer to make it all the way from the Yucatan Peninsula to central Sub-Saharan Africa and back.

7 Likes

Wakanda really demonstrates the base Conservative belief in this one - rules for thee but not for me.

They make a big deal over another nation breaching their soveringty. They pull off breaches of other nations’ soveringty that’d make the CIA blush.

4 Likes

I seem to remember an old Tarzan film in which Johnny Weissmuller appeared to swim from “the jungles of Africa” (you know, kind of non-specific jungles, somewhere in Africa) to Central America.

2 Likes

Tactical water balloons.

Milk snort… :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

You mean Black Aquaman? Because it sure seemed that way.

2 Likes

I enjoyed it but the whole plot motivation for the conflict between Wakanda and Talokan seemed questionable. Why is Talokan so afraid of the surface that they need to threaten Wakanda into protecting them? when they’re strong enough to threaten Wakanda? Like neither country appears vulnerable to any other global power. So why fight among themselves? other than there’s no plot with out it.

1 Like

Particularly given Wakanda’s position as a landlocked country.

2 Likes

“We live in the water because of European aggression”
“Genocide the overlanders”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.