House overflowing with mold

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/27/house-overflowing-with-mold.html

2 Likes

Looks like something from that “Cheap Irish Homes” show

4 Likes

The Last Of Us Omg GIF by HBO

4 Likes

Well just cause its mould doesn’t mean its terrible for you. When you walk outside after a rainstorm you’re breathing in spores. Only folks that have a sensitivity to moulds are really at risk.

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

10 Likes

And when you walk outside in the sun you’re absorbing radiation, but that’s not a great argument that a house full of plutonium would be safe. :man_shrugging:

17 Likes

While you can lop mold off of some cheeses and be just fine - it’s not a great approach for your lungs.

6 Likes

That house must be very ■■■■■ indeed!

10 Likes

At risk of what?

3 Likes

It takes a bit, but mould is a perfect example of “gradually and then suddenly”.

7 Likes

I really hate the ‘This Guy Verbed’ genre of short videos which is just blatantly stealing someone else’s footage

2 Likes

Not lichen it?

Though the whole thing seems a bit sporious to me.

(I’ll get my coat. And yes, I know lichen is not really a mould.)

9 Likes

I mean you could say the same thing of carbon monoxide or radon but I’d rather keep the interior concentration of pollution and irritants as low as possible.

6 Likes

Tea Tree Bacteria GIF by AzunaFresh

3 Likes

It’s good to see that someone is maintaining an open mind; rather than succumbing to antifungal prejudice.

5 Likes

Wait, you’re not supposed to eat that part? :cold_sweat:

4 Likes

Only if you’re trying to gain superpowers. But the odds aren’t in your favor.

4 Likes

That’d be £2000 per month in rent round here.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Kill it with fire!

2 Likes