When you have to burn a house down because of how many cockroaches are in it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/04/when-you-have-to-burn-a-house.html

8 Likes

Papyrus font…a bold choice.

36 Likes

That’s when I knew the video was going to be good.

33 Likes

10 Likes

I’ll bet some of them got away.

22 Likes

I’m just imagining two roaches perched on the fire truck, watching, their little thoraxes illuminated by the flickering flames. “Our mighty empire Franz, gone in an instant. But we shall be triumphant, oh yes. We shall one day scurry over the bones of these baseless apes.”

41 Likes

“If not us, then our great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandbrood.”

24 Likes

Needs more fire

15 Likes

All I could think was how the neighbors must feel about this.

14 Likes

“Bugs, Mr. Rico. Zillions of em!”

11 Likes

I lived in a joint like that in Kensington Market. Shoulda been burned down too but somebody else rented it. Life goes on.

8 Likes

Those guys can just hope God isn’t a cockroach, or they are going to be in so much trouble in the afterlife.

5 Likes

I imagine the person that was there was a hoarder, who needed mental health intervention. I hope they got it.

9 Likes

What they don’t show is, hours later, after the firemen have left, thousands of roaches crawling out of the ashes and heading for the homes on both sides. They are virtually indestructible.

17 Likes

Elated probably. That’d be like living next to a condemned house, and i’m sure roaches weren’t the only vermin hanging by that house

9 Likes

Why do cockroaches need a bread slicing guide?

Why does anyone need a bread slicing guide?

9 Likes

Normally I’d agree with you, but heat kills everything. Period. Now a swarm of roaches moving in to feast on the freshly roasted corpses of their former comrades, much more likely.

3 Likes

Ah, “German Cockroaches”, ya see. Not, decent, law abiding, gun owning, god fearing AMERICAN Cockroaches!

19 Likes

omg. they couldn’t get to the burning part fast enough for me. i almost skipped to it. shudder

10 Likes

I’m glad they showed us the inside of the house to make it clear, yeah, this is definitely the kind of house that would get infested with cockroaches and needs to be burned to the ground.

11 Likes