How accurately can you draw these famous logos from memory

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/25/how-accurately-can-you-draw-th.html

3 Likes

14 Likes

Are there two axes just to keep all the various entries tidy or were there multiple accuracy criteria (letter style, color, overall proportions, etc)?

3 Likes

The two axes have the same labels? How does that work?

5 Likes

Corporate logo designers determining how effective their logos are in sticking in people’s minds. :wink:

4 Likes

It works by pissing me right the fuck off is how it works!

4 Likes

That’s measured on the Y axis, right up to HERE then? :wink:

4 Likes

That thread got recursive really fast. People who aren’t anarchists gatekeeping what anarchism is so that the claim of anarchist gatekeeping holds up.

No rules is anomie.

Edit: Thread, not threat.

6 Likes

Hold on. Maybe it improves in 3 dimensions??

What do you think?

5 Likes

The rage has increased. I don’t consider that an improvement.

2 Likes

We could keep adding dimensions until it improves or everyones brain melts.

6 Likes

Precisely what i was going to suggest, except that i’m currently too angry to find the keyboard.

4 Likes

It’s to your left.
No, the other left.

Thank the gods they didn’t go with a pie chart.

3 Likes

The elegant presentation is three dimensions per pixel, with the position along those three axis given by the RGB-value of the pixel. Then each picture will just be a point in that multidimensional room, and the distance between that point and the point for the real logo will be an objective measure of similarity.

1 Like

… but ALDI has two logos …

4 Likes

Take a grand tour.

2 Likes

I’ve been reading the title of this post as “famous Legos” for days now.

5 Likes

There were degrees of accuracy (or at least most common errors), including correct colour and ratios.

But I suspect the axes are shown like that so that the “marketing professionals” who judged the results did not have to be too particular about which came second, third etc. and to make a handy graphic to scroll through in a spare ten minutes.

I doubt many lessons were learned from the exercise.

So if all 3 axes are the same, then it’d be like a sphere with white in the centre fading to black on the outside?

Here we go. Last chance:

This, perhaps, will at last calm your rage.

2 Likes