How could anyone resist this 7-inch model of a Murder Hornet?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/25/how-could-anyone-resist-this-7.html

6 Likes

18 Likes

I have a Revoltech model of a crab, also jointed and posable. It’s excellent though i often wish it was more articulated than it actually is. I would guess that this one will be much of the same, select parts will be articulated but not all of it. I still recommend it if anyone is interesting in a high quality model of a wasp, either for personal interest/amusement (like me) or educational/academic purposes

The one i have :slight_smile:

18 Likes

There’s a movie to bee made here!

20 Likes

I’m Team Crab all the way.

8 Likes

You can get it a bit closer to MSRP from other import sites (depending on your yen to local currency conversion rates)

4 Likes

Such an unfortunate name. . . They are Asian giant hornets (Vespa mandarinia). Scary enough.

5 Likes

So am i

6 Likes

The model looks impressively accurate, but insects don’t do that …

1 Like

Maybe when they’ve had way too much nectar to drink they do. /s

5 Likes

ya know this gives me an idea. how about BB and BBTS team up and that way the profits from BBTS can help fund BB and then all us BBSers don’t have to deal with Ads on BB!

1 Like

Welcome to bOING bOING :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Sadly it’s currently crabs only(edit: I think I glimpsed a lobster with rocket-punch for a second); but adding scorpions and murder hornets would almost certainly fit the theme.

4 Likes

Oh. Mah. Gaaawwwwd. That is fantastic. I’m just going to thank you now for my future e-sports career.

3 Likes

My team will take them on.

5 Likes

That pun just stings.

2 Likes

Isn’t there something delightful about a game that just drops any veneer of concern for plausibility and moves to a strict policy of inclusion based on awesome?

Why is there a world of eternal war between crabs that are invulnerable except to being flipped on their backs? Because awesome. Why do they sometimes have lightsabers? Because awesome. Why do they have an adorable two-handed wielding animation for claymores rather than just taking the easy way out and having those be a different skin for the same animation as other swords? Because awesome.

5 Likes

It’s a golden age for indie/small studio games. One person can design,make and distribute a game without spending tons of time or money. We’re not limited to what the marketing dept. of some big studio thinks will sell five years from now. Getting a peek into so many imaginations is inspiring.

Here’s a game from the same studio that looks like Ace Combat meets fishing sim.

2 Likes

“EDF! EDF!”

3 Likes

Goat Simulator most definitely comes to mind!

1 Like