How did Donald Glover become the modern renaissance man?

Originally published at: How did Donald Glover become the modern renaissance man? | Boing Boing

9 Likes

He is
Donald Glover Reaction GIF
at many things

20 Likes

a jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one .

2 Likes

I had read that “Atlanta” was a great TV show, but being an old white dude, I sorta had my doubts I’d get into it. I watched all of it in the past 6 weeks, and seriously?: it’s one of the best things I’ve ever seen on TV.

I haven’t seen this pointed out much when people write about “Atlanta” but as a major David Lynch fan, there’s never been a non-“Twin Peaks” TV experience that felt so Lynchian as “Atlanta.” I thought it was tremendous. Not that I see Glover, his brother, Stefani Robinson, Hiro Murai, and that whole crew are TRYING to be Lynchian; they have their own vision. But it’s fantastic with surrealistic tones throughout. And the character of “Darius” (Lakeith Stanfield) is one of my favorites, ever.

“Atlanta”: just…wow.

6 Likes

It hadn’t crossed my radar here in Oz. I’ll check it out. Thanks!

1 Like

Don’t take his smores away.

Shocked GIF

4 Likes

I hope it’s a reflection of who he really is, because he comes across as a being a really nice bloke.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.