How fast can you type the alphabet?

Originally published at: How fast can you type the alphabet? | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Please, no reminders of typing class in junior high…/s

7 Likes

Beat the world record on my first try :muscle: lol. No spaces between though, I’m sure I’d be slower if that was required

4 Likes

qwertyuioplkjhgfdsazxcvbnm

If I use three fingers at once, it’s faster:
zaqwsxedcrftvgbyhunijmokpl

4 Likes

18 seconds in order, 14 seconds when typing “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.” :woman_shrugging:t4:

7 Likes

8.3! But at least I tried.

1 Like

Knew a gal that could type 300 words a minute., her fingers were a blur in a demo she did for us, of just half the alphabet in order.

1 Like

Faster than the real thing:

5 Likes

I was over 11 seconds. I bow to you.

2 Likes

Best I could do was 6.8 seconds in order with no spaces.

3 Likes

I was in band, so I was spared those fun times, but my father insisted I do Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing on the PC. Annoying, but now I type and mouse for a living so ¯\(ツ)

2 Likes

2.820s

Wow that’s fast! My proverbial hat is off to you.

Screenshot_7

Edit: getting there! This game has made me realize I suck at typing the letter Q.

Screenshot_10

1 Like

All I remember is “f space j space f space j space…”, spoken loudly in my ear by a teacher we nicknamed “Dragonbreath.”

1 Like

7.501s

on failed attempts, I found myself impulsively hitting backspace

1 Like

As fast as I can sing it

3 Likes

6.113 on a bad keyboard

Try it on teletype keyboard, where only one key can be depressed at a time.

True story…

My older brother – who is nothing like me – had the same teacher as I, and she remembered very well that he tried to throw a typewriter at her. I’m unclear on the details, or if he actually lobbed it far enough. All I know is it took a couple of weeks for her to realize I was nothing like my brother.

2 Likes

If you’re on a Teletype, every key is depressed.

3 Likes

My daughter used to play this or something very like it as a child. She got stupid fast - to the point where ping times probably affected her score fast. She got down to just under 2 seconds.

2 Likes