How "God Makes God" is a 1993 CD-ROM about probability, game theory, genetic algorithms, and evolutionary strategies

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/31/how-god-makes-god-is-a-1993-cd-rom-about-probability-game-theory-genetic-algorithms-and-evolutionary-strategies.html

4 Likes

Mark, dude, it’s New Years Eve.

Heavy is for the punch bowl tonight. :tropical_drink:

3 Likes

Who goes to a party on a night pandemic like this??

(Although I too bookmarked this to look at later.)

2 Likes

I don’t have 14 hours right now, but the resolution of this “paradox” is that it isn’t a paradox at all, so long as you remember that the first words of the second law are: In a closed system…

5 Likes

I rarely dig through old hypercard stacks but given the strong rec from Mark I’m gonna make an exception for this one.

1 Like

That review page in bOING bOING is interesting anyway, as a historical artifact. The other CD-ROMs reviewed include one with 100 pictures on it, a phone directory and one with a bunch of Looney Tunes clips.

I’m not old enough to have really experienced these HyperCard experiments but I’m strongly reminded of all the weird Flash games I played on Newgrounds in the early naughties.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.