"How is babby formed?" Prison officials at a loss to understand how inmate got pregnant

Originally published at: Inmate got pregnant - Boing Boing

4 Likes

Parthenogenesis?

18 Likes

Parthenogenesis. That’s silly. She was nowhere near the Parthenon.

24 Likes

Evolve Jurassic Park GIF

18 Likes

Well, then it must have been just Genesis. Praise the Lord!!

14 Likes

The explanation the young woman’s mother offered was not what I anticipated. I’m curious what the lady would offer by way of explanation if her safety and freedom from retaliation could be ensured.

19 Likes

its always sunny in philadelphia religion GIF

14 Likes

Andy Samberg Mess GIF by FOX TV

8 Likes
12 Likes

Yeah. That seem unlikely, but maybe? They should definitely make sure they have DNA samples of all the male corrections officers in that facility.

Also…I just want to make sure everyone noticed something here, because it’s important. She has been in a county jail since June 2022. Awaiting trial. She has not been convicted of anything yet. She is in jail, probably either because she was denied bail or because she couldn’t afford it. She has been in jail for a year and a half, awaiting trial. There is very little evidence that bail is effective at either of the things it supposedly is for (protecting the public and ensuring defendants show up for trial), and quite a bit of evidence that it completely destroys peoples lives, especially if they turn out to be innocent. This woman shouldn’t even be in jail right now.

76 Likes

Yeah, this is one of those stories where any random sentence is likely either a horribly sad indictment of something or one sentence removed from one.

19 Likes

Every time i hear that word…

@smulder

Coca Cola Coke GIF by LIMESODA Interactive Marketing GmbH

8 Likes

seth meyers lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

And @docosc

You BOTH beat me to it… see, this here is why I can’t have a real life… I’ll miss my chance to post Shriekback…

9 Likes

I didn’t know that Jim Rash had a band!!

3 Likes

That is a freaky resemblance!

4 Likes

Yeah that was a whole plot arc in Orange Is The New Black (and probably a horribly common occurrence in real life).

11 Likes

“passed semen inside of a glove three times through an air conditioning vent in the jail wall”

Who says romance is dead?

12 Likes

The other way of summoning Beetlejuice.

5 Likes

the lion king disney GIF

5 Likes

Cruelty is the point, eh?

7 Likes