How many electric eels would you need to power a Tesla?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/06/how-many-electric-eels-would-y.html

6 Likes

One. Use it to threaten the guy who got ahead of you at the charging station.

18 Likes

So… like this?

Monty%20Python%20-Tesla%20Eels

30 Likes

From the article:

For decades, the dream of motorists all over the world has been a car that could run on frothy buckets of cheap, garbage fish like tilapia or something

Apparently I do not dream like motorists.

Also wouldn’t it be better to use a canal of eels beside the road rather than a trailer.

3 Likes

Does the number of electric eels also take into account towing around a bazzilion pounds of electric eels and water and the extra torque you would need just to get moving?

9 Likes

boosh-hitcher-eels

21 Likes

When I Googled that image I landed on this page, which, since misery loves company, I will leave here.

http://whatculture.com/offbeat/13-most-bizarre-things-found-inside-peoples-bodies

5 Likes

Owww, I used to know this.

7 Likes

Give 'em some slack! The science of laughably unlikely, high-voltage creature-powered vehicles is still in its infancy. :wink:

10 Likes

53e

37 Likes

Can we get Randall Munroe to review this for accuracy?

11 Likes

Pretty sure I saw Cobra Commander use this same scheme.

9 Likes

Reminds me of MKULTRA

3 Likes

We’re going to need bigger eels.

10 Likes

It’s these kinds of statistics that will be used in debates against electric vehicles. “Are you aware of how many electric eels it takes to power a Tesla?!”

7 Likes

Sure. But how many exploding dinosaurs does it take to power your f150?

20 Likes

Ouch.

My dad (now retired) told us once of a conference he attended where one presentation showed x-rays of patients ‘stricken’ with inserted objects. One object he named stood out: A toolbox. All I could think of was a huge cabinet-sized Snap-On rolling tool box… impossible. He must have meant one of those small ‘apartment life’ tool kits that you sometimes see in supermarket/hardware store checkouts… I hope.

2 Likes

I like how your mind works.
More like Dyna saurs, amiright?

4 Likes

3ce41406ab75acfc4f00b04f6e38766e

14 Likes

People, you don’t tow that behind you! You set that up in your secret mountain lair at the bottom of a not-quite-extinct volcano. Next to your moon ray, armageddon machine or shark pond.

So 1.66 miles per hour of charge that makes it a nice 40 miles of charge per day. Sweet. Take me a bit over a week to charge the Bolt in my driveway, errr I mean evil genius hideout.

3 Likes