How much legal trouble is Rudy Giuliani in right now?

That is nothing new

6 Likes

Is the one way ticket thing really anything more than FUD? Maybe that’s SOP for people who have open ended plans but still fully intend to return. I know people who’ve done that with extended travel. Maybe it’s done by non-crooked business types too?

Don’t interpret this as excusing Rudy, I’m just saying that even though a criminal uses a specific method it doesn’t make that method criminal.

and incidentally the reason Rigsby’s cat was called Vienna in Rising Damp

3 Likes

Rudy can’t fail.
Rudy. Can’t. Fail.

4 Likes

I’m sure there’s folks who are certain that Hunter Biden is the shadowy figure behind all the Deep State machinations confounding Trump.

Remember when we thought we won the Cold War?

7 Likes

Giuliani is in quite a bit of trouble, because while he’s Trump’s personal lawyer, he is by no imaginable stretch part of the administration, and as such he has no political cover or executive privilege to hide behind.

9 Likes

It’s interesting that Rudy claims he wasn’t going to meet up with his buddies in Vienna. Ok, so let’s take his word for it that they weren’t going to meet. They had just met in Stateside, so it’s plausible that he wasn’t headed to Vienna to meet again so soon.

Obviously the was meeting was to be with someone else. Who? Chances are very good it’s the same person they were in Vienna to meet. Who? That could be an interesting thread to tug on.

4 Likes

They’re just the big happy sheepdogs of deep political corruption and self-dealing.

7 Likes

@Ratel @anon75430791

I think part of the reason we’re stuck with Trump and Giuliani is that they both want membership in clubs that have no interest in them. Trump wants the world to acknowledge that he is a genius because he has towers full of gold–plated faucets and brocade curtains; Rudy is just desperate to be America’s Mayor again.

I agree with you both — The Masters of the World recognize and protect their own, and they enjoy having sweaty little aspirants around because it’s fun to pull their strings and make them dance. But that’s what Trump and Giuliani are, Punch and Judy marionettes, and when they become too boring, or annoying, or embarrassing, or (clutch the pearls) expensive, they’ll be punted off the balcony and left to fend for themselves among the hoi polloi.

May that day arrive soon. SlĂĄinte!

ETA: Or maybe I just put too much optimism in my coffee this morning.

9 Likes

Stop your messing around
Better think of your future
Time you straighten right out
Creating problems in town

Rudy a message to you
Rudy, a message to you

Stop your fooling around
Else you’ll wind up in jail

Rudy, a message to you
Rudy, a message to you

Stop your messing around
Creating problems in town

19 Likes

Yeah, all he has is his richness and whiteness and maleness. I’m sure justice will be served.

1 Like

Even rich white men do suffer consequences, when their crimes are bad enough.

giphy%20(14)%20(1)

14 Likes

Guiliana could always make excuses for the stuff he says on TV. It would be much more difficult for him to repudiate what he said under oath during his trial, or if he did try to weasel out I hope the prosecution would try to slap him with perjury charges as well as everything else.

And “A man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client” – so of course Giuliani is going to represent himself.

4 Likes

Appropriate given that his defence on cable news shows the last few weeks has basically been the song that kept Vienna off No 1 in the UK charts. Not a racist shot at Italians btw.

haha… of course. And if Trump were a lawyer, he’d do the same.

2 Likes

Probably can’t afford Dershowitz.

1 Like

They really are inseparable.

6 Likes
3 Likes