How Musk chose Isaacson to write his "Genius Biography"

Originally published at: How Musk chose Isaacson to write his "Genius Biography" | Boing Boing

2 Likes

That’s a bit revisionist. Musk may not have been embracing fascism quite as openly back then, but a whole lot of people recognized him as the complete tool he is by 2021. Here’s one contemporaneous reaction to Time Magazine’s choice to name him as Person of the Year:

12 Likes

Yeah, I think the “pedo guy” thing back in… 2018? was a turning point, where a lot of people started looking at what Musk was actually doing.

14 Likes

How Musk chose Isaacson to write his “Genius Biography”…

Isaacson uses a lot of words that begin with the letter “X”?

5 Likes

“Pedo Guy” to “Twitter purchase” was 4 years where no-one was really fooled anymore but found reason not to show it. “Swishing” might be a good term for it.

7 Likes

A lot happened in 2018 that showed that EM was a gobshite

EM in 2018: The Culture is great.

EM in 2023: People are changing their gender and I don’t like it.

8 Likes

“The Culture didn’t have any strong labor unions” is a weird-ass take considering no one in the Culture needed to work at all. What would organized labor even look like in a utopian post-scarcity society where anyone could have or do virtually anything they wanted?

7 Likes

Jimmy Fallon Agree GIF

6 Likes

Not everything. Musk would want control.

3 Likes

I’m certain that the “Weird Musk Fans” memes are older than 2021 by a few years.

3 Likes

I imagine elons secretary had an intern google “biographers” and started making phone calls:

“Ring, ring. Giant bag of money calling…Are you ready to sell out?”

“How giant?”

“Thin skinned billionaire giant”

…and the rest as they say is history

4 Likes

Musk was…an engineer

Im sorry; what? thats a stretch…

7 Likes

just 20 minutes after their call ended, Musk tweeted that Isaacson was writing his biography, surprising the author

Christ what a self-important AH.

3 Likes

I remember he had a trial run of short form hagiography written by Douglas Coupland a few years ago. I didn’t make it all the way through that, despite its shortness, as I threw up in my mouth reading it. It was interesting to see how any last vestige of integrity disintegrates in the concierge class in the presence of billionaires.

Not that things like his educational history didn’t already suggest that. Beyond his BS he bought in the same place as Trump has he actually got any? I still don’t actually know.

4 Likes

AFAICT, no. He studied physics but dropped out, claimed (falsely) to be a doctoral student, was in blatant breach of his student visa, and was bought that Wharton degree to, apparently, get around that.

3 Likes

The Amalgamated Union of Philosophers, Sages, Luminaries and Other Thinking Persons (AUPSLOTP) would like a word. Several, actually.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.