How old does a machine think you look?

You are pretty.

1 Like

I got 45 with this photo. It was taken a couple of years ago and Iā€™m not even 30 yet.

1 Like

looks at picture of Rob

Well, if it isnā€™t fat stinking billy goat Beschizza boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!

5 Likes

It got a few snaps of me to the year.

Itā€™s pretty impressive given that Iā€™m nearly always greeted with disbelief when I reveal my age.

I did, now. Seems like itā€™s clever enough (ā€¦or racist enough) to know that green things arenā€™t faces.

I assumed they are up to no good, so I gave it a photo thatā€™s been on the Internet for 15 years.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œXantheStone, post:23, topic:56540ā€]
I got 45 with this photo. It was taken a couple of years ago and Iā€™m not even 30 yet.[/quote]
Thereā€™s a shadow from the corner of your nose to the corner of your mouth. That would really confuse an age algorithm, as itā€™s the first thing a lot of age-detectors would look for.

Had a group photo from a couple of years agoā€¦

31 is probably close (I think that she is a bit younger)
50 is way old (she was late 30ā€™s there)
Have no idea about 38 (guest)
24 is a bit young ā€“ she was ~30
Doesnā€™t recognize my floating head of death
34 was probably ~40
56 is also a guestā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m oddly amused that the algorithm skipped you all together, and that you still look remarkably like your Kindergarten(?) self. :wink:

(BTW, your presence is required over in <a href=ā€œhttp://bbs.boingboing.net/t/do-you-want-to-play-questions/54417/4712"target=ā€_blank">questions to verify your Wisconsin-ness. Skip down to about 4650.)

2 Likes

No, not an entirely reasonable explanation dammit, I want to be outraged. :wink:

Iā€™m 15 and my husband is 50. Better call the copsā€¦ But at least it correctly identified us as female and male, respectively.

1 Like

uses it for advertising fine print

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.