How Stargate inspired a cult following

He did get to choke Maybourne for his insolence.

1 Like

Via Moebius, the alas late, but thankfully without the supreme divine goldenness. The odd bit of mysticism is tolerable.

The best line in the entire series was in a season 7 episode.

Two archaeologists are examining some artefacts and one says: “Dr. Jackson is gonna die when he sees this!” And the other replies: “What?! Again?”.

I enjoyed the movie, and love SG1. I didn’t care as much for Atlantis, but I liked SGU a lot. I was bummed when it was canceled. To be honest, I’m not looking forward to these reboots either.

That episode was awesome, a pure gift to the fans. An I imagine quite a hoot for the actors as well.

Hey, I LOVE that movie! Just . . . not for its brains.

Stargate the Movie was amazing. SG-1 was fantastic, if a little strained by the end. The entire franchise jumped the shark after that. Including the later entries in the discussion, as part of the enduring appeal, is a disservice to the uniqueness and quality that marked the early offerings. It descended into a mediocre, aimless franchise that the fans and studios couldn’t bring themselves to kill off completely.

I’m excited about the reboot. It’s time the source material got a quality treatment again. Hopefully, a more series budget and compacted screen times will help bring back the magic that made the franchise so awesome in the first place. I wonder if they’ll hire JJ Abrahms.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.